5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2012 9:04 PM by jasper100 RSS

Vote with your wallets

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Based on so many recent posts (and my own experiences) about diminished service, CLs, lack of breakfast, ill treatment, having to pay for 'free nights', etc., can I suggest that for any and all of us who feel jilted that we vote with our wallets or purses and take our business where it is more appreciated? Maybe  the grass is not greener, but on the other hand, maybe we will find that it is.  FF and loyalty programs only succeed when they earn and keep the loyalty of their best customers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Vote with your wallets
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I have already voted with my wallet, as now I spread my stays with the competition now which I would not have considered several years ago..Marriott needs to wake up and smell the roses!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Vote with your wallets
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

"Earn" is the verb that should be on every desk at Marriott--earning our business is job one, to steal a line from Ford I think--and is what a service based business should be thinking about all the time.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings profchiara, feel free to send me a direct message if you've experienced specific service or treatment issues we can look into. On the topic of service and training, Michellel posted a summary of our ongoing efforts to live up to your expectations and improve our shortcomings. Safe travels!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Greeting communitymanager.

I think what is lost in your response above is that MANY of us are experiencing diminished services, reduced benefits, and indifference from front desk personnel in regards to our elite status.  Assuming there are, infact, ongoing efforts to improve, please hear us loud, the efforts are not yet bearing fruit.  The posts regarding this subject are many and profchiara's experience seems to be more the norm than the exception.  I would challenge you to speed up the training process and begin measuring the success of that training.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Well stated Shoeman...I am hoping that service improves significantly in 2012 so that I can again dedicate my stays to the Marriott versus their competitors. My stays at the Hyatt, Holiday Inn and Hilton during 2011 resulted from my dissatisfaction with Marriotts service and I must say, I was very pleased with my treatment by these competitors including Suite upgrades, Breakfast and/or Lounge access on weekends as well as appropriate recognition at the Front Desk.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...