2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2012 5:25 PM by ltietjen RSS

Carlos in front lobby at the JW Guanacaste Resort

newporttraveller Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We visited the JW Marriott in Guanacaste Costa Rica for 9 days this past week. Carlos in the front lobby greeted us our first minute of arriving and continued to help us through the last minute of our departure. Simply put he was awesome and the best associate I've met at any Marriott property including the 5+ Ritz Carltons I've stayed at around the world. Carlos offered his knowledge of the area recommending local cuisine that was not to be missed. The places he recommended were the highlights of our trip by far and led us to experience all of what Costa Rica had to offer. My fiancé and I made an effort to come back early on our last day to tell him thank you and goodbye before his shift ended. Our trip wouldn't have been as special without his help and therefore I believe he is well deserving of this award. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

P.s. Unfortunately I did not get Carlos's last name as his name tag did not have this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Guanacaste, Costa Rica JW Marriott JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa
  • Re: Carlos in front lobby at the JW Guanacaste Resort
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings newporttraveller, On behalf of behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate a Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Carlos in front lobby at the JW Guanacaste Resort
      ltietjen Platinum

I would also like to add my thoughts.  My wife and I checked in on Feb 4th and Carlos Lopez was the person working the reception desk.  He was incredibly helpful with everything we needed.  He noticed that I brought my surfboard and immediately gave me the surf report for three different breaks in the area.  My wife suggested that he go surfing with me and Carlos immediately accepted the offer.  The next day, I picked up Carlos from work and we went to Playa Grande and then to dinner after.  We had a fantastic time.  Later in the week, we met up at a bull riding event in Santa Rosa.  Never in all my travels have I come across anyone in a hotel that was so helpful.  Carlos had a major impact on the quality of our vacation.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...