7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2012 2:46 PM by tef6178 RSS

Le Paon, Palm Desert

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The food takes a (barely) second place to the stunning beauty of the dining room in this venerable Palm Desert restaurant, Le Paon.  Founded a long time ago it has recently moved to El Paseo, the desert's Rodeo Drive. Located in an upstairs corner it is finished with highest quality materials, even a bar of marble, so thinly shaved that lights placed below the bar shine through softly to the surface.  We were en route to a play at the McCallum Theater (national tour of My Fair Lady) so it was a quick bite, but excellently done and perfectly prepared by the chef, classically trained in Euope and the US.

It is the place that amazes and the food that satisfies here, even if just for a bite!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Palm Desert, California, USA
  • Re: Le Paon, Palm Desert
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS:

This place looks really nice! Is it just a couple of blocks down from the Daily Grill? What is below it?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yes, it is in a new building and Sephoria is the downstairs store, I think.

The perfume/toiletries/lipstick store? Great, I can sip while the wife shops.....

I am a shopaphobe myself.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS and Tryt,

Wonderful information, and what a nice dining experience this would be.

That Sophora is the store next to The C-E Marriott in Paris.  You can just see the "A", in the name, never been in the store, but everyday they attract big crowds with a "Show" that is very entertaining.KIF_1004.JPG

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Jerry,

Sephora is my wife's favorite shop in the US.  Sounds like another good reason to consider picking the C-E Marriott as the paris place to stay when we get to the big European tour in the future  Thanks!

Jerry:

That was the wildest crowd of people shuffling thru that store I have ever seen getting samples, trying samples, staff chasing them for a 'try this' deal and all. My wife LOVED it. I just watched from out front. No way I'm getting in that mix! I might get 'sprayed' with something!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...