5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2012 11:06 AM by NathalieF RSS

The staff at this hotel is simply outstanding and it is because of them that I return at least once a yea

aubdog1967 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I first started going to the Renaissance Hotel Hamburg in 2008 when I stayed there about 100 nights.  The staff at this hotel is simply outstanding and it is because of them that I return at least once a year on a personal visit to see them as well as all the other friends I have cultivated in Hamburg over the course of the last four years.

Although some have moved on to other jobs in new cities, there are two staff members that are still there and continue to make every visit an exceptional experience.  Their names are Manuela L. and Jasmin Z.  It's difficult to count the times they have done things that were not required of them but they did out of courtesy just to make the stay that much more enjoyable.

One example I will give is that I just completed a stay there on Jan 3, 2012 and this time I had two nieces along for the trip.  They were checking out at 4:30am to go to the airport which meant they would not have time for breakfast.  My nieces have special dietary needs and these two staff members made sure that  there were snack bags ready and waiting for my nieces when they stopped in the lobby on the way out.  My nieces were so happy with the bags and it just topped off their whole experience which was amazing from start to finish.  They were not even back in Canada for one day before they were asking when we were going back to see our friends at the Renaissance. I know I refer to them as staff but they are much more than that.  This is what separates the Marriott chain of hotels from all the rest...their people!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hamburg, Germany Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Hamburg Hotel
  • RE: The staff at this hotel is simply outstanding and it is because of them that I return at least once a yea
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

aubdog,

Yes, this is what "Separates" Marriott's from other chains.  Did not see this Hamburg property on my recent rail trip from Berlin to Copenhagen and back.  The train station was very hospitable.  If The Hamburg experience for you was as good as my Marriott, Copenhagen experience, they must have a great staff.

Thanks for sharing this experience with all of us.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• RE: RE: The staff at this hotel is simply outstanding and it is because of them that I return at least once a yea
      aubdog1967 Platinum 60 Reviews

There are actually two city center properties there Jerry.  The Marriott is about 200 meters away just around the corner.  A few of us stayed there initially but one of our group had to go to the Renaissance since the Marriott was fully booked.  We made the short walk there every morning to meet our colleague for coffee and because it was more convenient for getting a cab.  After a few days of ourstanding service even though we were not guests in the hotel it was decided that we would move from the Marriott to the Renaissance for the duration of our stay.

Not that there was anything wrong with the Marriott because it is a fine property as well and we certainly enjoyed the executive lounge but the personal touch they have at the Renaissance is easily the best in the business!

• RE: The staff at this hotel is simply outstanding and it is because of them that I return at least once a yea
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes, I find the Marriotts outside of America to be much more customer oriented than those in the US. I am hoping the Marriotts stateside can learn a lessons from the Non-USA Marriottts and provide a similar level of service!!!

• Re: The staff at this hotel is simply outstanding and it is because of them that I return at least once a yea
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings aubdog1967, On behalf of behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate a Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...