6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2012 10:11 PM by alndalum2002 RSS

Extra Points

MarvinDude1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What are the most points you received as a results hotel poor service or mistakes ?

For myself 2 years ago I stayed at the San Antonio River Center and they charged my bill to another person's credit from my company, who was not even on the trip. After about a week is was corrected and without asking they gave both of us 30,000 points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Extra Points
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Marvin,

Congratulations, but you wonder how this could happen?

Never got anything like this, but never had a situation like this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I can remember getting points for problems on 4 occasions: 

(1) getting a 6AM wake-up call we didn't request

(2) not being able to get ESPN on a brand new TV at a brand new hotel

(3) a mix-up on a reservation using points--I think I had made reservations for 3 separate nights that we consolidated at check-in--somehow the last night was deleted and they called us over and over to ask when we would be checking out.

(4) only getting 1 piece of a 3-piece make-up mirror that I left at a hotel back.  We had changed hotels and I noticed right away that I had left the mirror at the previous hotel so we went back to get it.  The housekeeping manager said the housekeeper that cleaned the room thought the mirror was broken (it came apart for packing), but didn't have an explanation for what happened to the other 2 pieces.  He told me he would give me a significant number of points; however, when I got my statement he had almost doubled what he told me.

On each occasion, the empoyee we dealt with was extremely professional and apologetic.

• Extra Points
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Neat that is great

allleisure Platinum

I had booked two rooms at a CY last year on points.  The three of us had breakfast in one of the new "Bistro" food service abominations. The other two members of my party got their orders promptly. Mine finally came after we inquired about the delay.  Then the restaurant manager appeared and apologized, explaining the cook essentially ignored the order.  The manager refunded all breakfasts (I was satisfied with just that) and gifted me with a ton of points. Did she give away the store? Sure. Did she salvage a customer? You bet!

PSU Fan Platinum 2 Reviews

We spent a week at the San Juan Stellaris in 2010. While the hotel more than met our expectations, we were treated poorly by the front desk on three separate issues. I related the details of our stay - both pro and con - in an e-mail to customer service, and received both a letter of apology and 5,000 points. Obviously, not a ton of points, but the letter and points were appreciated - and help to keep us loyal to Marriott.

alndalum2002 Platinum 2 Reviews

MarvinDude1 ... Interesting... I had the same thing occur to me at the Marriott Rivercenter in San Antonio 2 years ago to a major extent.  I was paying for a myself and a team of employees at the hotel for a project.  Not only did they add room charges from my tab from guests that weren't part of my party, but they also double-billed me to the tune of $30k (my bill should of been about $15K) maxing out my card.  I took about a month working with the hotel manager and accountant (hours of my time) for this all to be worked out and I got absolutely nothing in return for the huge inconvience.  That hotel really needs to be investigate for best practices (the high level room carpets were also saturated with AC water leakage).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...