19 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2012 2:35 PM by nuhusker Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Re: Elite Front Desk at NYC Marquis - tough job;  Farida makes it look easy!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Not sure PP are asking too much.  It seems Marriott offers most of these perks as inducements to stay at their properties as part of the program.

They are major customers who do have choices.  Seems like other hotel programs really want their business as well.  Glad you had a great experience at NYC Marquis, but it is not the hotel for me.  The Ren. or CY is just more comfortable for my needs.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite Front Desk at NYC Marquis - tough job;  Farida makes it look easy!
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I agree Jerry..Platinum members deserve to get early checkin and late checkout as well as upgraded rooms..Similar to that given by other hotel chains for their most loyal guests.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

imagrits Platinum 1 Reviews

Very sad to ruin a congratulatory post for a good employee with derogatory comments regarding a loyalty program!

Early check in is not a guaranteed benefit in ANY program..  Late check-out is only guaranteed by Hyatt.  Upgrades are not guaranteed in any program ....merely outlined as a possible benefit when available.  IMO, to heap rudeness and abuse on an employee when they  cannot provide something that is not guaranteed to begin with is inappropriate.  Your opinion...and behavior...may certainly be different.

Steppingstones, I wish Farida and David could see your positive comments.  i had planned to ask her to chevk this site, but will not do so with the off topic posts that have been made.  And you may also be interested to know that Mr. S Is no longer GM, the new GM arrived today.

L

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Through the former GM I mentioned David, Farida and others in an email (a Spirit to Serve one) as well as others who have aleays treated us very well,  He responded and told me there would be a ceremony for them at the hotel, which they told me the next time we stayed that they had attended and thanked me.

They've been recognized. 

I think your comments on negativity are true but at the same time we as a group have expectations that are not being met and this forum (allegedly off limits to most Marriott employees, who cannot legally be members of MR.)  It is and has been a free for all at Insiders, and will continue to be so.Good or bad--who can say?

imagrits Platinum 1 Reviews

I think that your efforts to see they have been recognized are great!  Are you implying that because that is true, no on else should do so - or that a good employee  should not get repeat recognition?  If that is the case, I must respectfully disagree.  An employee that does a good job for me gets a yearly raise,  not a raise once in their career!

And I don't disagree that anyone should be able to post their ideas and opinions- negative or positive here.  But I do think they belong in the correct discussion topic.  Spirit to serve does not seem ( to me)  to be the place to discuss program shortcomings or personal disappointments with the Marquis. YMMV.

Finally, it is not possible for a group as diverse as this one to agree on all topics...and differences of opinion can  be mind opening. But I would hope all could remain civil and courteous...whether or not one is part of "the group".

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

imagratis,

I agree that some of the topics get "off topic" some, as discussions evolve.  In the first line of the last paragraph of your "spirit to serve" nomination, you may have inadvertently opened a touchy by stating "I have seen reviews where this hotel is rated poorly for the staff, for not being welcoming to Elites - I cannot agree.".  While we are all free to write what we want, and how we want to say it (to a point of being moderated), it can be easy to word something that may seem totally harmless to ourselves, but may seem more like throwing down the gauntlet to someone the comment may point to.  In the interest of preserving the spirit of this "spirit to serve" nomination, I will attempt to brach this discussion where it looks like we start moving away from the kudos.  If anything disappears, it will be because I don't know what I am doing, and not because of censorship

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

tryt53 -- what exactly does "brach" mean?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Tryt53, yes we branch and we are spontaneous here at Insiders.  It is not lockstep, far from it, here.  The value in everyone's post is that they are heartfelt (I hope), not critical for no reason, or loaded with lurking (cf Yelp for these kinds of things) commentary.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

SS,

I agree with you and that is why I was proposing this a discussion to branch into another, to keep it going. This site is so dynamic and can go anywhere in any discussion.  Unfortunately, that is why I think pingreeman went away.  He wanted us (even a private note to be before he left) to stop all this "off topic" conversations, and I couldn't agree with him.  I told him my take on this was that, by the nature of this site, we will always have discussions that move in and out of topic (like this one does ), and that these discussions many times spark discussions that can come around back to topic, and even into great discussions that may have never happened without some of our friendly side discussions.  I mentioned that my goal was to help evolve the site into something where people like us, who like some social conversations, can find and chat on what we want, and others who don't can find just what they want to see, and ignore the rest.  Only time will tell if I have any impact there, or not.  As always, you know I really like our discussions!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...