3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2012 2:31 PM by platinumstar RSS

Platinum Rewards at Ritz-Carlton?

thecamel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Thinking about booking a stay at a Ritz-Carlton hotel, which I have never done before.

Just wondered if I received the same benefits as a Platinum Rewards member that I do at Marriott.

Namely, free internet, free breakfasts and priority late checkout.

Thanks for any help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Rewards at Ritz-Carlton?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

thecamel

Lucky you.  You will most definitely enjoy your stay at Ritz Carlton.  Which property are you considering?  Regarding your specific questions,  my experience has been that I have been greeted as an elite member, received free internet, been considered for an upgrade (excluding suites and club level rooms), no problem with late checkout, but, not free breakfasts...

hope this info helps

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

thecamel Platinum

Thanks shoeman.

Thinking of staying at Powerscourt just outside Dublin.

Family is coming with me and it looks a very nice property.

We normally stay at the Shelbourne in the City Centre, and that is one of my favourite hotels in the world. It's fantastic.

But we fancied a change of pace, so might try Powerscourt this time.

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Powerscourt a few months ago. It is a really lovely property set in beautiful grounds. I am a Plat member and I paid for a garden view suite but then read that this does really mean a view of the car park and contacted them in advance to ask if there was a chance of an upgrade to a mountainview suite, which they honoured in advance. The suite was absolutely HUGE with a very large balcony. The bathroom was to die for! I didnt want to check out after my 3 days there. However, they do not offer breakfast unless included in your rate (or maybe if you are Ritz reward member, but not Marriott). Breakfast was very expensive so we avoided. Unfortunately, the club lounge had closed down some time ago and so there is no executive or club lounge now. The original Powerscourt House is about a 10 minute walk within the grounds and has a cafe and restaurant which are not exactly cheap, though there is a very nice shop selling sandwiches, cakes, coffee, pastries etc and they also have freshly made food which can be heated up in your suite back at the Ritz (it really is worth the extra for a suite - it has a kitchen too). The hotel has free bikes to get you around should you wish. The local village is close by but its further than we would wish to walk and all uphill but the hotel provides FREE drop offs to the village and they will also pick you up again when you want to come back to the hotel which is an amazing facility (in their black jeeps!). There are around 4 or 5 restaurants in the local village that are inexpensive but we liked the pub the best as we had some wonderful meals there including a superb sunday lunch and the food there was really cheap! There are 2 pubs in the village but i cant remember the name but its the closest one to the hotel going down the hill. Theres a local Spar mini supermarket but we found this to be quite expensive. The Ritz does have the only Gordon Ramsay restaurant in Ireland but check out the prices before you sit down (you might need to be sitting down to look at them). We found all of the staff to be very friendly. The only problem I had was that when I asked the front desk about our Platinum arrival gift (1000 MR points against the usual 500) they told me that at Ritz Carlton you didnt get a welcome gift of points. I politely said I thought they were wrong but they said you definately didnt get anything) but I emailed Marriott and got a reply that it did apply, went to the front desk and then they said they had got it wrong. I would highly recommend this property, its luxurious in every way and has an amazing spa with a beautiful indoor poll and large jacuzzi.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...