44 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2012 5:24 PM by jkernitzki RSS

When are we likely to get our nights for 2012 reset?

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The title says it all. Now into day 12 of the new year and accounts still show last years total with stays for 2012 not registered on our totals. Like the posting of MR points which is not automated and is very much hit and miss, Marriott seem to be lagging behind in the technology dept with updating and resetting our yearly totals.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: When are we likely to get our nights for 2012 reset?
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I am wondering the same.

My account has not reset at all and  my stay that ended at the Chicago Marriott last Sunday has not been posted as nights or points (of course, this always happens to me anyway, so it may just be that). Have others who checked out of a Marriott last Sunday seen nights or points posted?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I read something on here that had the "new info" date as the 15th or 16th.

But are any of you getting your recent hotel stays after Jan. 1 posted? I still have not gotten mine for the Chicago Marriott from Jan. 4-8.

kram_x Gold

Yup! Been with the program for years and this is the first time a lag of this length has occurred. I've stayed 11 nights so far this year and still nothing. Points have been added though, which is puzzling. Perhaps a call to the Rewards Line will enlighten.

mi97tbird Platinum 33 Reviews

Same here no nights just points

taxman415 Platinum

My balance and stays rolled today...

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

My stays rolled, not my rollover nights.  However, I did notice that I had achieved Platinum Premier for my stays last year.

absolutelegend1 Platinum 2 Reviews

My account just got reset for the new year.  I had 242 nights last year in total inc. a mixture of stays (the vast majority), roll over from the previous year, and bonus nights.

I had expected them to roll over everything in excess of my 100 subtracted for Platinum Premier status (not including the bonus nights and the previous years roll over).  This would have meant that I would start the year with circa 80 nights already banked.  However, it's showing as zero (except 4 already stayed in 2012). 

Will this get corrected and when?

Well, I suppose my year got reset, but in a very weird way.  I stayed in Chicago at the Marriott from Jan. 4-8 and have been credited with 2 nights and no points.  I can just imagine how long this is going to take to straighten out tomorrow on the phone.  We really shouldn't have to be accountants.

My points were reset to 0 today and the nights so far (4) are correct. However, as in your case (and on endless occasions with mine), why oh why do we as members have to chase up what we are owed just because Marriott can not or choose not to, automate their system like airlines so that we do not have to rely on an actual person to post our points/nights? Perhaps the community manager would care to comment?

Hi Platinumstar,

I could not agree more.  Usually, I am a little more understanding since it involves foreign currency yet at many places in Europe it gets posted on my account the next day.  So what is the Chicago Marriott's excuse? They give me half the days and no points? (And the rest, already stated.)

A good start to the new year - my latest 2 night stay and the points are wrong AGAIN! Why oh why aren't the points posted automatically instead of manually? And why doesn't someone from MARRIOTT come back with an answer as to why this doesn't happen - it drives us all mad having to meticulosuly check our bills against points and would save so much time and work in the Marriott rewards office. ANSWERS PLEASE ON A POSTCARD!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I have an update from my colleagues on where we stand with the rollover nights from 2011.

On Sunday, January 15, our systems began updating accounts with rollover nights (any night credits above your Elite level requirement) that were earned in 2011.  During the process, we experienced a systems glitch that caused eligible members to be double-credited with rollover nights.  Within hours of catching the error, the extra nights were cancelled from your account.  You will now see two entries for Rollover Nights, and one cancellation, which correctly reflects the rollover nights you earned in 2011.  There are a small number of members who were incorrectly granted a higher Elite level because of the extra nights.  These accounts have been identified, and will be adjusted to reflect the earned Elite level by the end of the week.  We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.  Should you wish to discuss your account, feel free to call 801-468-4000 or email elite.member@marriott.com

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

Must be the same "glitch" that made me  a CO Presidential Platinum for about twelve hours. At least with MR I didn't get a temporary, phantom status as a result. One "downgrade" per year is all my ego can tolerate. ;)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Good news and an accomplishment to be proud of Shoeman

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Nice job shoeman!  My rollover nights just showed up today.  Maybe yours will too.

almock Platinum

My stays for this year posted today.  However none of the rollover nights have shown up yet.  I think I will wait until the end of the month before taking further action.  It really has minimal impact at this point since it does not affect status level.

UPDATE:  Checked this evening and my rollover nights are now showing.  All is well! 

hopetix Platinum 2 Reviews

So now the battle for actual roll over nights which for me should be 47 since I had 122 nights last year. They rolled over 8. If they claim it's for Platinum Premier I would like to say please keep platinum premier it gets you very little if nothing extra. No 100% bonus, nothing really different from regular platinum, but they don't give you the full roll over nights? I know last year this was an issue and it took awhile for them to finally credit all the roll over nights. Anyone else experiencing this or seeing all of their nights rolling over?

retired Platinum

My rollover nights where credited today, everything looks correct now..

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

Well, mine rolled, and now I'm confused.  I looked last night, and I had 94 rolled over, today it's 47. WTF? Still, I hit PP for another year.

I had the same experience!  My rollover nights, as well as my lifetime points dropped from yesterday.  Marriott seems to have corrected the formula to exclude rollover nights from 2010......  that's fair.

almock Platinum

I had the same experience.  I just lost 33 nights that were showing up.  I am going to contact PPE services, but I suspect shoeman1000 might be correct

carolinacouple Platinum 2 Reviews

Ours were reset last night to 92 and then changed to 47 this morning.  I wouldn't have an issue if Marriott was transparent in what they are doing, don't make me guess...  TELL ME what you are doing... 

dblanz Gold 2 Reviews

I also lost my rollover nights. Marriott told me they were excluding rollover nights from 2010. ... As Shoeman1000 said in an earlier post, "My rollover nights, as well as my lifetime points dropped from yesterday.  Marriott seems to have corrected the formula to exclude rollover nights from 2010......  that's fair"

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Yesterday morning my account showed 2 nights.  Last night it showed 38 nights.  This morning it showed 20 nights.  It's a relief to know I need to stay in a Marriott property 55 nights because that means we are going on a lot of vacations.

columbussig Platinum

I am sure this thread will get worn out today.   This issue I have is why they posted it one way then changed the formula after the fact.   Everyone seems to keep bringing up the fact that Marriott is cutting back and changing the program for the worse and now they re-adjust roll over nights.  

All this will do for me is once I hit 75 nights I will move the rest of my stays to Hilton, way to lose additional business!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

columbussig:

When I hit the 75 level last year (2011), I stopped staying at Marriott (because of the rollover confusion and other issues from last year) and I knew that at the beginning of this year I would have no confusion regarding my nights and rollovers, etc.......

My nights just reset and I have.....zero....just as I knew I would.

Unfortunately, staying at other (unmentioned) locations last year has really put me on the fence with Marriott and future stays because of the differences (better) I encountered. I booked a stay at Las Vegas Marriott for the very near future, but decided to cancel it and stay at another hotel (not a Marriott). I never would have considered that in previous years, but there is so much confusion and aggravation right now with me and a lot of others with the Marriott elite program and the service issues and program confusion (downgrades in benefits) while others (hoteliers) are obviously taking advantage of Marriott's mis-steps. I hope they (Marriott) listen to the postings here that so many are creating and responding to since their program seems to be in disarray in so many ways.

We'll see what happens.

columbussig

good point, and I suspect you will have plenty of company....

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Mine just came in and am glad I am off to a good start for 2012!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...