15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2012 12:50 AM by anadyr RSS

Valentine's Day! Where will you take yours?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It will be shortly and after taking my Valentine to London last year and having a wonderful meal and time at Marriott County Hall, here is a reminder.

Make your plans NOW!  It's a tough reservation to your favorite place if you wait to long.

I made my reservations yesterday to take my Valentine to our favorite place in St. Louis for Valentine's Day.  Tony's in St. Louis.  Vince Bommarito, and staff, have one of the finest establishments in the country. (Pictured)  It is close to The Marriott Union Station, as well as The Renaissance.  You will enjoy your time at Tony's!

IMG_1467.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Louis , Missouri, USA
London, England, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts
  • Re: Valentine's Day! Where will you take yours?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

On February 14, 2012 I will be on a Coral Princess Cruise on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Jasper,

Yes, will look forward to seeing the pictures and reading about the cruise.  Likewise, for one who has never been to Australia, am really looking forward to hearing how you recommend handling the long flight. 

At least on the ship one should not have to worry about all of the dangerous animals in Australia.  Told one friend I desired going and he had a wide variety of animals that were very dangerous in Australia.

Congratulations, and I hope you have a great time.

Trick to handling a long flight - Fly Business First and/ or First Class on a good air line and get some sleep on your trip!!!!! Having lived overseas including Australia and Papua New Guinea you get used to handling long flights..And by the way, I never ever felt threatened by any dangerous animals in Australia!!!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Jasper:

Sounds like a great trip! Keep us posted and let's see some good pics. Any Marriotts in the scheme of travel down under?

I am only going to Brisbane and north since I lived in Sydney and Melbourne in the past. I will be staying at the Brisbane Marriott so will provide pictures and a review!!!!

Jasper,

Have you taken the train across Australia?

That is something I have always wanted to do.

Got an invitation to visit the Perth Mint, and might take them up on it.

No..I have not taken a train trip in Australia..I was scheduled to take a luxury train trip (ranked in the top 25 train trips in the world) from Brisbane to Cairns but was told recently that their highest class (Queenslander) was no longer being offered due to some rail repairs being made..So I cancelled that trip (and got my refund) and booked Quantas Airlines now from Brisbane to Cairns...

Too bad, that would have been a great train trip.  But would have done the same thing, if you can't do it right, try something else.

Jasper,

Yes, I have been flying Delta Business/First in hopes of attaining Diamond status.  If I do this year, I have heard you can buy coach seats and get upgraded.  However, Delta is no Singapore, or other exotic airline.  Don't have to many choices from the Mid-West.

Thanks for setting the record straight on the animal situation in Australia.  I was told there were poisonous "Brown Snakes" even in populated areas.

Thanks again.

• Valentine's Day! Where will you take yours?
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

jasper -  I spent a few days R&R in Sydney 1970, but remember very little.  Looking forward to more of your fantastic photos.

Nu,

Flattery will get you? ( I need SS's knowledge here).  Here was a Valentine's week picture from a great place last year.  I have never seen the TV show, but he runs a great place to dine, Gordon Ramsay's.  This is a wonderful place to dine.  This staff is really pleasant.  Go, if you can.  By the way, that is the menu I am holding, not the check. 

Wow, do I enjoy holiday's. (Along with any day that ends with a "Y")!

IMG_1712.jpg

Location Brand Hotel
      London, England, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts
        Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Great photo Jerry--I think my most memorable Valentine's was in DC when I first was  on leave from the Army (Fort Benning) en route to overseas.  My future wife invited me to a dress up party at her row house on Cathedral Ave., NW, in the shadow of thatchurch where 18 months later we were married!

SS,

What a wonderful story you shared with us!

You have been so blessed, and I also appreciate my blessings.  To have an experience on this planet, it has been wonderful.  Thanks to Marriott for giving us this chance to share great experiences, and may we be granted many more.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...