6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2012 7:04 PM by gdmig71 RSS

Points discrepancy

gdmig71 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Fellow Marriott Rewards members:

Has anyone ever experienced discrepancy on their point balance?

Somehow my point balance was reduced.  There were no deductions - just the point balance went down.

One week it was over 100K then down to about 30K after a couple of weeks.

Of course, if you tally all the transactions now it will add up correctly to the 30K.

I always monitor my point balance; I see my balance everytime I login online to book hotels every week.

Anyone else ever had this problem?

The difficult part is to convince Marriott customer service since I dont have any records of the previous total point balance.

Premier GM

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points discrepancy
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

GD71,

Do you recall how you accumulated the 100,000? Do you have any of the hard mailings that Marriott sends out on a quarterly basis?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

No problem here!

Thanks for alerting us!

• Points discrepancy
    gdmig71 Platinum 60 Reviews

I dont remember exactly....but I'm sure it came from different hotel stays, bonus points and from marriott credit card.  Also some from Megabonus promo.  By the way, I lost about 103,000 and change. So I know its not something that I redeemed i.e hotel stays or skymall purchase.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

It should be easy to find. Check your last quarterly mailing. It had your activity and points balance on it. Also, on the Marriott.com site, you can go to your account and open up the last 12 or 13 months of activity. If you need help with that, let me know.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings gdmig71, Could you reach out to Customer Care when you have a chance? http://www.marriott.com/rewards/customer-support.mi We had forwarded your question on your behalf but our representatives have been unable to get in touch. Keep us posted!

• Points discrepancy
    gdmig71 Platinum

Thanks painedplatinum.

Always keep your quarterly statements! After looking at my previous statement, I realized that Marriott had deducted more points during my hotel stay(reward).  The hotel I was staying at change their Hotel Category from 3 to 4 in October. I booked my reward earlier in August(Category3=15000/night). My actual stay was in December(Category4=20000/night) thus more points needed for each night.

But Marriott made adjustments so I got my points back. Thanks Maxine and Thanks Marriott - you're the best!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...