24 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2013 5:46 PM by GemPrincess RSS

First time in Paris in May - Arc de Triomphe or Parc Trocadero or Marriott C-E?

nahlikcj Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi everyone!

I'm new here.  From Washington DC - never been to Europe but heading to Paris for a wedding in May.

Since I've never been to Paris, and only going for 4 days, where should I stay?  I'm trying to stay on Marriott points to save $$$ so there are no rooms available at the C-E (which is where I would've liked to have stayed).  The two I'm most seriously looking at are the Ren Arc de Triomphe and the Ren Parc Trocadero.  My wife likes more modern places, so Vendome didn't seem like a great fit.

I've tried to read as much as I could on these forums, and based on that, I was learning towards Arc de Triomphe.  Would love to get some more feedback on the two hotels (or others in Paris, if I'm missing something).

Thanks in advance!

----------------------------

Edit!  A room at the Marriott C-E has become available to book with points.  I've read some things about that (thanks jerrycoin) that C-E is quite the experience for first time visitors.  I've also read things saying that things around the C-E are way too crazy, busy, expensive, etc.  For first time visitors who don't speak French, maybe it isn't the best option?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...