2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2012 11:39 AM by ninomad RSS

Confused - "Calendar Year"

ninomad Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I signed up to Marriott Rewards originally in 2009, but started staying there in ernest in September 2011.   Marriott Rewards said my account was "temporary" and never "activated" (first I'd heard of either of these things) so I lost whatever points I'd accumulated. 

They said they would credit them back if I could contact the hotel and get invoices but frankly I don't see why I should have to do the chasing and don't have that much confidence that should I do all that they'd actually honour it, based on my other experiences with the call centre.

However this is all background - what I'm confused about is that I expected my "Nights Stayed" to reset to 0 on 1st Jan as I thought the nights counted per "Calendar Year", but in the new year my account was still showing the 27 I've accumulated between September and December last year.  Then I get an email today saying I've "0 nights this year",  but logging into my account online still shows 27 nights... so which is it and when will my year end?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Confused - "Calendar Year"
    richmondredsox Platinum

ninomad,

First, let me say I completely agree with the "BS" feeling you have regarding Marriott's ability to completely honor all of their commitments.  I have experienced some of thier lack of honoring myself.

"Calendar Year" is in fact a calendar year, but it take a bit to reset their rewards system (I am guessing in the next week or so it will reset).  So, in a few days, you will see Nights Stayed go back to zero.  However, you should also see some roll over nights in your specific case.  Silver is 10, and you didn't reach Gold.  So my guess is that once the reset button is hit, you will see 17 nights on your 2012 list in rollover, meaning you have already acheived Silver status for next year as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Confused - "Calendar Year"
      ninomad Silver

Thanks RRS, that makes sense at least.  Hadn't considered the rollover nights so bonus!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...