12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2012 6:22 PM by anadyr RSS

Check in time

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well the new year has begun and my first check-in experience is as always interesting, and at times funny:

Me:  I have a reservation (insert my name here)

Associate:  Hi, see that you're here for 14 nights, and I just need a credit card for incidentals.  (wow, a free room even though I am paying for the room and not using points!)

Me:  OK, here's the card--I hand it over. 

Associate:  Oh yeah, I need to see your ID, no wait, it says "do not ask for ID" on your reservation.  No ID then.

Looking at my wife and I Associate says:  How many keys?  How many vehicle passes?  (two would be my guess for keys, one for autos)

Associate:  Thanks, your room is ready, bye.

So what is wrong with this?

1. No acknowledgement of Platinum Premier status, or even that I was a multi-stay former guest.
  2. No series of following check in requirement rules, including verification of ID.
  3. Seeming inability on the part of the Associate to concentrate on me as the guest.

It was that kind of day, since at In'N'Out Burger en route to the hotel the worker asked after I ordered two milkshakes, "would you like onions with that?"  We both laughed

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Palm Desert, California, USA
  • Re: Check in time
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

So much for starting the New Year better   Since you weren't acknowledged as a PP, it goes without saying that you weren't offered your choice of arrival gifts either.  Do you plan to talk to the manager?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

So much for the training we were told was happening....Which Marriott hotel was this?

superchief1 Platinum

Did you get a room upgrade and/or access to the CL? I'm confident you weren't offered any breakfast vouchers for the weekend.

none of the above--this is an MVCI property where no meals and no CL exirts, and there are no upgrades--should have mentioned that in my first post,

superchief1 Platinum

Marriott Vacation Club has been spun off from Marriott, so I won't be surprised if we see a decline in recognition at MVC locations in the future. I have already noticed that many adjacent Marriott resorts have cut their amenities for MVC guests. At least you can enjoy a great breakfast at a reasonable price (and a glass of wine later) on your balcony overlooking wonderful scenery. Enjoy your 2 weeks.

Most likely true. I did notice that the renovations are underway here, and that several buildings are done or partiallty so, and gotta tell you it is a strange looking, high tech kind of redo--not my cup of tea for sure.  But then I am not everybody.

couple other notifications about service:

1. AYS put me on hold to confirm that 500 points was given to Platinum Elite guests (?)
          2. Newspapers, formerly dropped at the door at 5 am, are now in the lobby only
          3. Cleaning is done later in the day than ever before.
          4. Staff seem less than thrilled for some reason--not just the change in company ownership--something else is bothering a lot of them and I cannot tell what.
          5. I am overly paranoid I guess (but you all know that).

Weather in the desert is perfect so all is good.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

My first stay this year was similar.  At the RI last night they offered me the 500 points, but did not acknowledge previous multiple visits nor PP status.

Oh well?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I am in the midst of my 4th stay this year.  In each of the prior 3 I was offered the 500c points, but NOT identified as Platinum, Or LPT.

I wonder if they figure that offering you the 500 points implies recognition since they only give that to Platinum Elites?  I don't think that is as good as something like them saying that they see you are a Platinum, Lifetime Platinum, or Platinum Premier member and then offering you your choice of arrival gifts.

If they do then they failed to give me the recognition we deserve

Agreed.

Is this so hard to do?  I think not--c'mon Marriott!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...