7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2013 6:49 AM by legendkiller RSS

$1000 MARRIOTT GIFT CHEQUE

sdbroker Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am interested in purchasing the E195 ELITE-$1000 MARRIOTT GIFT CHEQUE, however I see an expiration date of December 31, 2011 to purchase for 135,000 points.  Does anyone know if this offer still available?

Thanks in advance for your response!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: $1000 MARRIOTT GIFT CHEQUE
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Here is a quote from the link above.

communitymanager        Dec 30, 2011 11:07 AM                                    (in response to imagrits)               

Hey imagrits - I've confirmed the Elite-only $100 Marriott Gift Cheque and $1000 in Marriott Cheques have been extended for 2012. The Choice Golf - Peak Season, Choice Golf - Value Season, Select Golf - Peak Season, and Select Golf - Value Season awards have also been extended, while the Elite only Spa Experience award will retire on the 12/31/11.

Happy New Year everyone!

ALSO NOTE THAT THE COMMUNITY MANAGER ALSO STATED THE COST WOULD CONTINUE AT 135,000 POINTS..

sdbroker Platinum

Thanks Jasper for the followup.  I'll order my checques as it appears the award has been extended.  I'm glad Marriott continues to monitor this site, this was a great value added perk for all of us to enjoy!

lmaddox Platinum

Hey Guys,

Just about to head out on a trip to Hawaii to a Marriott hotel.  I am a lifetime Platinum Elite member and just found out the E195 program ($1000 in Marriott dollars for 135,000 has been discontinued).  I want to voice my comments to Marriott that this is a bad decision and make a recommendation to other members here:

I'd ask Marriott to reconsider because:

- As a loyal Marriott Platinume Lifetime member, I expect to be able to stay at Marriott properties with my family where I want to, when I want to, using points.

- I can not use Marriott points at many properties during vacation time (when kids are off of school).  Marriott blocks out point useage, even to Platinum Elites.

- I would use the 135,000 $1000 in points certificates now to get the free room when the points were blacked out.  It is now 202,000 points for a gift certificate, ridiculous.

Marriott, please treat your best customers better than this. 

As a suggestion to all the Marriott folks out there:

- Cancel your Marriott credit card in favor of an AMEX card.  Amex let's you stay at any hotel property using their Membership Rewards program.  There are two ways to use points: 1) use the points as cash and check into any hotel.  or get this 2) use your AMEX points to get a Marriott Gift Card.  $500 gift card is 60,000 points and the card does NOT expire!.  So $1000 in Marriott dollars for 120,000 AMEX points.  Guess what?  I will be cancelling my Marriott Visa cards and putting all my spend with AMEX.

- as another option, switch to Hilton.  They have a credit card deal where after a certain spend you automatically get Diamond Status.

So AMEX offers a better Marriott gift card program than Marriott does.  Really?  Can you believe it...I can't.  I can't post the link but I copied the fine print below.

Marriott $50 TravelCard

6,000 points

Marriott $100 TravelCard

12,000 points

Marriott $250 TravelCard

30,000 points

Marriott $500 TravelCard

60,000 points

Marriott $50 eTravelCard

6,000 points

Marriott $100 eTravelCard

12,000 points

Marriott $250 eTravelCard

30,000 points

Marriott $500 eTravelCard

60,000 points

The Marriott eTravelCard can be used for room accommodations, golf, dining, spa and more and is accepted at over 3700 locations worldwide, including JW Marriott® Hotels, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, SpringHill Suites®, Residence Inn®, TownePlace Suites®, Gaylord® Hotels, Marriott Vacations Worldwide®.

NEW! Gaylord(R) Hotels have joined the Marriott portfolio of brands to offer you breathtaking family vacation resorts and convention center options. Experience live music, dining, dancing, sporting activities, shopping, golf, movies and more - all in one place. Gaylord Hotels are located in Orlando, Nashville, Dallas, Washington, DC.

Certificates are generally valid for 6 months from the date of issuance. Certificates may be valid for longer than 6 months in accordance with applicable state law.

markusd Platinum

I wanted to get another load and found it was discontinued. Very disappointing.

indy_girl Platinum

Thanks for the info.  I was planning a trip to Mexico using the 1,000 cheque for 135,000 -guess not now!  VERY disappointed with Marriott, so much that I will be looking into other programs....I can take my 100+ nights somewhere else!

legendkiller Platinum 18 Reviews

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...