5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2012 5:47 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Email Features Free Breakfast Search

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I received the e-mail from Marriott this morning titled "Your Account - MegaBonus 2012". Others have noted this e-mail. Interestingly enough, there is a button to search for hotels featuring "free breakfast".  This is the first option available in front of "pet friendly" and "resorts".  After all the discussions on here concerning the lack of free breakfasts, I found this odd.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Email Features Free Breakfast Search
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Pained:

I saw this search option but, sadly, it is only representative of the Marriott 'T&C' descriptive. I am aware of certain Courtyards that offer free breakfast and they are not listed in the hotels that show up with this type of search. I would think an operator of a Courtyard that offers this amenity would want to be included in a search listing of this type but they apparently are not according to the search I did.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

tef,

What if we directly contact ones that we know should have showed up in the search, but do not, maybe they will have more weight at getting that fixed than us users would?  If I were one of those Courtyards, and thought I might be losing bookings because of that, I would be all over it!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

tryt:

I agree with your thought because I would want to be included in that list if I served breakfast for free and some other local hotel was getting fasvorable treatment for bookings over me in that type of search. When I stay at one on a future visit, I would certainly bring the issue to the attention of the GM that the 'free breakfast' search is available and they're not on it. It's their choice from there what to do.

I'm not sure that there isn't some 'Marriott' issue here where corporate cannot or does not want one hotel starting an issue for them because they serve breakfast and another hotel in the same category (Courtyard) does not.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

You might be right.  Not sure how we'll ever know unless there's and inside leak (Marriott-gate)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...