6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2012 12:00 AM by atg0524 RSS

Using rewards in Aruba

kpenderg Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Traveling to Aruba Marriott Beach in July using points.  I will use points and would like ocean view room. I am Platinum member. Can I book lesser room and look for upgrade at arrival or do I need to bite the bullet and pay extra points now?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using rewards in Aruba
    imagrits Platinum 1 Reviews

Complimentary upgrades are nice, but they are never guaranteed.  if you absolutely want an ocean view...best to book it and be sure.  unless you stay at the Ren Oceanfront suites - I beleive everything there has at least an ocean view...some are ocean frot.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carolinacouple Platinum 2 Reviews

There are very few rooms that are actually ocean front at the Marriott, but I believe that you can see the ocean from all rooms.  We stayed at the Marriott Ocean twice, are platinum premier and timeshare owners, the first room they gave us on first visit was the WORST room in the place, near road overlooking ac units, we complained and got a little better room.  Second visit we were ocean front by tipping.  I would not count on the upgrade in Aruba.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

CC,

Great advice!  Was lucky, did get upgraded at St. Thomas for a Wedding on the beach.  However, we had four rooms, and it was expensive.  When you have to have an upgrade, consider booking it and then you will have peace of mind.

surfclubber Platinum

If you want that view i would book it.  They are mostly full in july. When you get there ask to get this room #767       I have been going to aruba since 2004 and i own at the surf club. This is the best room besides the Governor suites that are in the front of the hotel.

If they do not have that room ask the same spot where that is but lower. You will get a view of all of palm beach and the pool

It is also a bigger room than some of the others.

BlissQuest Silver

I noticed you are going to Aruba this summer - we just went there last winter. 

Be aware of two things: 
    1. When you dine outside in the evening, the wind really kicks up sand and we were not happy with our elegant meal at the Surf Club on the beach due to the wind.  My salad plate blew off the table, too. But it is BEAUTIFUL at night, definitely have a drink on the beach or just sit there and take in the sunset.

2.  Forget about snorkeling in Aruba.  The tourism has killed all the reefs, there are few fish and it's quite a disaster.  We were massively disappointed in the snorkeling excursions we took.

3. While you're there, check out the Aloe Factory Tour (free).  It was really interesting, and we loved the whole experience. 

Enjoy!

atg0524 Platinum 3 Reviews

I had a side view room there in 2009, and it wasn't bad.  I don't think I was Platinum then so I did not get any upgrades.  I wouldn't expect an upgraded room in the busy season, though.  In Cancun last year in the off season with an obviously near empty hotel I was not given an upgraded (larger, suite, etc.) room with my platinum status, only one with a nice view, 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...