12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2012 6:33 PM by anadyr RSS

Your "Paso" port to excellent wines

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and have been fans of Paso Robles California wines for years.  With her help I compiled a list of the ones that we've enjoyed over the years, and their web sites.  For anyone heading that way here's the list.  I do not have any financial interest in any of these, in case you're wondering, other than spending tons of money on their wines.  Most are Rhone or Bordeaux with a smattering of others here and there.  All good and all prices too.  I have exclued from the list the "highest priced" ones, since I can't afford them.

B&E Vineyards
Berardo
Brady Vineyards

Bridlewood
Carina Cellars
Chateau Lettau
Clavo Cellars
Clesi Wines
Cross Lynn
Daou
Del Real
Dover Canyon
Dunning Vineyards
Falcone
J. Lohr
Meridian Vineyards
Mitchella
Outcast Wines

Parrish Family Vineyard
Paso Port
Penman Springs Vineyard
Proulx Wine

Rockin R Winery
Sculpterra
Shale Oak
Sharps Hill
Stanger Vineyards
St. Hilaire
Tablas Creek
Venteux Vineyards
Veris, Ben Hogan
Villa Creek
Volatus
Westberg
Wild Horse
Zenaida Cellars

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paso Robles, California, USA
  • Re: Your "Paso" port to excellent wines
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Thanks SS, i will have to print this out later for when we go shopping!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yes,

Thanks SS, the only one I can recall having is the J. Lohr, and it was great.

Is this a good area to visit?

Yes let me know and I can recommend some places not to miss, places to stay, and dine of course.  And a few friends you'll enjoy meeting

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

By the way Jerry,

The last 2 Courtyards we have stayed in, gave us a choice of anything in the food area, or the 200 points (Courtyard only get 200).  Both places gave us a choice of anything and let us pick the 1/2 bottles also, so we picked the J. Lohr 2009 Caberent, and it was great.  Although we usually take the points, when you compare the 200 points to that wine that they usually charge $15 per 1/2 bottle for at the desk (yes that is an inflated price), it is still a lot better value to take the wine.  Especially since it is such a nice wine.  I learned that if we stay at a Courtyard, it pays to at least check with what the choices are before just taking points.

Tryt,

That is good news because that has never happened to me.  I hope to get some J Lohr, on my next CY trip.

J Lohr is sold nationwide. and may be legal to ship to your state.  Check it out with them.  The cuvee varietals are very nice and include Monterey Country grapes (even though they are in San Ljuis Obispo county!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I guess this post does not take into account the beer drinkers and non wine drinkers!!!!

or non drinkers

Jasper,

I love my Bud Light, but just cannot drink it anymore, do you think it is age?  Only had one in the past three years, but I do enjoy 2bc!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...