7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2012 6:18 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Inflation

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

IHG and others have raised the number of points required to get a free room for 2012.  Hope no one at Marriott Rewards knows that or thunks it makes good sense.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Inflation
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Marriott just re-catagorizes properties........

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Where and which ones?  It happened last year in mid year as I recall, but again?

I didn't say again, was just saying Marriott uses that tactic as opposed to raising the points needed to stay somewhere.  Your comment above suggested that marriott was somehow above the fray, when, pin fact, they increased cost twice in recent memory.

OK had me worried.  But watch out in August 2012--the one year anniversary of the last devaluation

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I noticed that too.  That may be a case of point inflation.  As they keep giving away more points easier (higher promos for getting cards, contests, etc), they keep raising the number of points needed to stay, and devaluing the prestige and perks with higher levels.  Seems to just be the way things are going.

yup.  I guess it's no different than the weakening currencies around the world..........

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Well put!

They are way more expensive than Marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...