11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2012 5:49 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Us masters 2013

fizzbang Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My sister will be celebrating her 50th birthday next year and we were considering travelling from the uk to watch the masters. We have a  timeshare in shadow ridge which we have not traded for points yet.   Not being hot on US geography is there anything we can trade to stay in Augusta for this event. I know there is a Marriott hotel in augusta but I would imagine this is pretty fully booked. Also I have registered on the masters website for tickets - however can Marriott obtain tickets for such an event. Anyone any experience attending the event. Would be appreciated as I guess we have to get sorted pretty quickly

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Augusta, Georgia, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts
North Carolina, USA
  • Re: Us masters 2013
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

fb,

You need to talk to the Marriott hot line!

Was able to get into the Marriott and get an upgrade to CL, but you will pay a big price.  They have a shuttle to the golf course, and it will be a special trip.

Book ASAP!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Us masters 2013
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

There is a Marriott in Augusta, but I guess it's filled already (you can check).  You might want to look into VRBO.com (Vacation Rental By Owner) for places to stay--these are privatehome which can be had (for a price) nice thing about the site is the places are reviewed by those who stayed there.

SS,

I was surprised that they gave me a PP override and put me on the CL.  Now that was a few years ago, so I don't know what will happen today.  But the key is to try to get your room early as possible.

• Us masters 2013
      SS and jerry thanks for ur replies most appreciated. Will let u know how and if we progress may end up staying at shadow ridge to go and watch the ladies tournament which I believe is close by.  It will all hinge on whether we are fortunate to get tickets.   Lovely day here in England, sun shining - enjoy yours fizzbang

• Us masters 2013

We're off to SR this am and yes there is an LPGA tournament held in the desert.  Here in Monterey we also have the celebrity laden AT&T Pro-Am in early Feb should you want to come to that.

From Monterey CA

fhllast4ever Platinum

Augusta, Georgia does not have an MCVI in the area, so I don't think you can trade. However, last time I looked you can

convert your timeshare to hotel points (you might lose value this way) and stay at the only Marriott hotel which is ten miles

away, or at Courtyard which is one mile away from Masters.  The on-line booking does not allow reservation for 2013 (latest

it will allow is Dec 29, 2012).  I suggest you wait April of this year (2012) to book your stay for April 2013.

Regarding tickets to the Masters, effective 2012  Augusta National changed their ticketing to all on-line applications, just like

your Wimbledon tennis and French Open.  Unlike those two however, tickets are not available at the gate, at least for this year

(I'm sure there would be scalpers selling their tickets for mucho dinero).  You are wise in applying early for 2013 tickets and

I hope you get them.

Please call the Platinum hot line.  They got me an override to the Marriott and it was worth it.  Things may have changed, but?

Good luck, but hope you can get a room.

Thank you both for the useful information.  I will now get on the case

fizzbang,

Please let us know how things go, and if any of us can help with travel plans, again let us know.

Good luck!

Best of luck

fizzbang,

Did you get lucky?

Hope all goes well, as this will be a great trip.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...