6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2012 6:54 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Camelback Inn, "Cancelled!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

After all the inconsistencies that have surfaced on this property, The Professor, SS(NYC), Jasper and others, why do I want to spend $500 a night for seven nights and NOT even know if I am going to get a nice room.  With a loved on, after flying all day, I do not want to have happen to me what happened to another traveler last year, who was told his lousy room was the only one available.  The other thing they want to charge $25 extra per day for 2 hours of bike riding, kids meals, and preferred tee times.  All of which I do not do!

"When you have to worry about something, you don't need it"!  I am going to go with what I know, a two br suite at a RI (For about 1/2 the price), full kitchen ( I like to sometimes cook), and a full breakfast, I can bring back to my peaceful room.  My recent experiences were so good at RI's in Branson, KC, and Williamsburg, I just hope this RI is as good.

Again, I know a RI is no Camelback, but at least i know what I am getting, and getting it for a whole lot less.  My new Marriott Gift card would not come close to covering what the cost would have been at Camelback, but it will at the RI!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
  • Camelback Inn, "Cancelled!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Did you call them to see what they could do for you?  Sometimes that personal touch makes a difference.  When there go to Lon's restaurant if you have not been.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Camelback Inn, "Cancelled!

SS,

Thanks for the advice, but No, I am not going to call and here "We'll do the best we can"!

I have heard that many times and I am not a "Beggar", I have over 25 years in this program and should not have to "Beg".  I made a mistake at the The Seelbach Hilton, in Louisville, when she said "We'll do the best we can", as a Diamond Hilton member I looked at the "Closet's" she wanted me to stay in and said NO!  Wound up in the worst Marriott, I have ever stayed in, Louisville North, Springhill Suites, but that was my choice/mistake.

When I travel, I am basically alone, not part of a convention, and have no real leverage, so sometimes it works to my advantage, but mostly it hurts my chances.

I will take less points from RI, but enjoy having my 2 br suites.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Have a meal over there

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I agree..one should not have to beg..however, when the treatment is not appropriate, I like to bring poor service to the attention of Management so that they are aware!!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I agree jasper.  And I'm hoping that as our Hotel Review process evolves, it will also involve direct response from hotels for anything lower than a "meets expectations" type of review.

tryt,

Agree with both of you.

The Camelback is a great hotel, but I just don't golf, nor need all that goes with it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...