7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2012 12:32 AM by anadyr RSS

HSIA 2012

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

BB.jpgThis hotel magazine article suggests that hoteliers need to focus on improving technology for the guests.  Amen to that and pass the Broadband!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: HSIA 2012
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

"of service, attitude and positive customer experience" seems to mirror a lot of the discussions that have taken place here.....both good and bad. Let's hope Marriott has taken a hard look at how their 'service model' has evolved and has taken the proper steps to insure guest satisfaction in 2012.

I, for one, actually have the thought that this article suggests.....that is, I'm going to wait and see what my experience is this year. I'm hoping it will be good. I had the same thought last year and it brought me to a point where my Marriott stays stopped at 75...period. I haven't stayed at or been in a Marriott property since I reached that threshold last year.

But, this is a new year and a new opportunity to see if Marriott has met the challenges their performance (or lack of performance) has brought them. We'll see. I hope so.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I am with you tef...In 2011 I stayed at more non Marriott properties because of the downgrade in service. I too want to see if Marriott turns this around in 2012 and will be reporting on my stays this month in the Marriott Orlando Airport and Brisbane Marriott in Australia. If I don't see improvement, I will probably be again staying at other hotel chains..That is a real shame since being a Lifetime Platinum Member, I expect and deserve better service. You may ask, why would I stay at a non-Marriott hotel...simple..I have received reciprocal status at Hyatt, Priority Club, Club Carlson, Hilton, SPG and Best Western and have been receiving very good treatment from these hotel chains.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Well said Jasper...I hope, along with you, that Marriott is listening to it's loyal customer base and reverses the 'downgrades' in service, training and attitude experienced in 2011 and discussed by many on this blog.

Happy travels and enjoy the 'down under' experience. Keep us posted on the travel experiences! Hopefully, we'll have some "good stuff" to report!

tef.  At some point the message to Marriott needs to be heard. They can't be everywhere at once but they can try to raise the level at most properties to what we expect and had in the past.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yes,

Hope that someone will "Raise the level"!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Me too.  Hopefully, the more voices the better!

count me in

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...