7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2012 10:57 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Courtyard Simi Valley or Ventura Marriott?

tmallon Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Planning a trip to the Reagan library and trying to decide between staying at the Courtyard Simi Valley and the Ventura Marriott.  Any thoughts or advice?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Simi Valley, California, USA
  • Re: Courtyard Simi Valley or Ventura Marriott?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

The Ventura Marriott is great for many reasons but the courtyard is much closer to the Library.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks!  We will be stopping in California from Hawaii before going back to Ohio.  We definitely want to do the library and are planning a whole day there, possibly dinner in the restaurant to see the sunset, and then we will have another day and a half  for which we have no idea what we want to do...hence the Ventura Marriott idea.  I guess I will have to decide the rest of our itinery.  We have only been to San diego on a previous trip and don't know too much about the area around the library.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Take the Ventura Marriott and make sure you take the Channel Island Tour, it is amazing.  You are also an easy drive to Santa Barbara.

Enjoy!

Thanks!  I'll look into the Channel Island Tour and places to visit near Santa Barbara.  Also, how much further it will be from the library and LAX.  These are the kinds of suggestions I was hoping for to get me pointed in the right direction.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi

1. Ventura is not that far from LA in miles but it is the worst traffic in the US at times.  You can get to Santa Catalina as well but takes lots of planning.  Simi Valley, where the Library is located is relatively isolated from Ventura, but the traffic is much lighter getting there.  If you are planning to stop at LAX get ready for some real hassles getting anywhere--aforementioned traffic being the worst part.  I'd hope that you have lots of patience and realize that the folks on the 405 with you are just as frustrated with it all as you are!  I wish I were making this up, but I am not.  That aside it is beautiful country and you'll enjoy it all.  My vote is for the Ventura Marriott.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

The Reagan Library is a great place to visit. Probably the best Presidential Library I have ever been to. I went there when I had a couple of free days during a trip, but stayed at the LAX Renaissance because it fit well with my flight plan and was close to the rental car places (walking distance). I visited the Reagan Library day one and the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda the next day. Didn't pay at the hotel to park the rental because I could leave it at the rental car lot it was so close to the hotel. I'm glad I made it to both as they were really enjoyable. Such a history lesson in both!

Enjoy the trip!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

tef,

Great post!

This is exactly as you report.  What a great time and experience.

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...