14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2012 9:38 AM by anadyr RSS

Loyal to MR forever.....

smack99 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Happy New Year!  Would like to take a moment to share a wonderful Marriott Rewards experience with everyone.  I have been a very loyal MR member for over a decade and most years have achieved Platinum status.  Due to job changes in 2011 I did not make the number of nights requirement in order to maintain that status.  In fact, I ended the year with 48 paid nights.  Although I tried to at least hit 50 to ensure at least Gold it simply was not in the cards.  Last week, in the mail, I received a packet from Marriott Rewards informing me that because of my loyalty they renewed me for 2012 at Platinum.  I anticipate a great deal of business travel this year and being Platinum status helps out a great deal.  I just want everyone to know how appreciative I am of the outstanding service that Marriott continues to provide and them going above and beyond.  No company is perfect, however I have always been a very loyal Marriott person and with this latest gesture can ensure they have my business for life.  I realize there are options out there but in today's world of horrible customer service I am very thankful and very happy to be a loyal fan!

Sincerely,

Stefan

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Loyal to MR forever.....
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Congrats on retaining your Platinum Level...Sounds to me like it is well deserved and Marriott will benefit from doing this..Thanks for sharing this with us!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

stefan,

We are always glad to hear such nice stories.  Marriott has done some really special things for me in the past, and will always have me as a loyal customer too!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Well done and good news too!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks smack99 for your loyalty and the kind words - welcome to the community!

Safe travels

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

You have my support and agreement!

roadlady Platinum 60 Reviews

I had a similiar situation.  I have been loyal to Marriott for years.   In 2011 I had a stroke whih prevented me from making even my gold status.  .Yhis week I received  a 2012 Plattinum card.  This will keep me as a loyal Marriott member for life.  I will be back traveling in a few weeks looking forward to that first Marriott stay of the new year.

Here's to your continued recovery and many more Marriott stays as well

Marriott Associate Member

Your loyalty means the world to us - thanks!

• Loyal to MR forever.....
    nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

I, too, was rewarded with my Platinum status being carried forward to 2012 though I fell short of the 75 nights in 2011.  I am totally thrilled with my good fortune. Marriott gets my loyalty any day!!

Nan,

Hearing from many people who are saying the same thing.

Thanks, Marriott!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

nanaglo,

I'm glad Marriott took such good care of one of their best people !

almock Platinum

fantastic stories in this thread!  I am a lifer as well.  So far, I have found it to be the best loyalty program out there.

Yes, I am hearing from other members that their status was kept even thought the economic situation did not allow them to actually retain their status.

Nice gesture Marriott!

• Loyal to MR forever.....

We are indeed lucky to have a program that confers rewards on loyal customers without strict adherence to the rules!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...