11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2012 1:32 PM by tryt53 RSS

Marriott Mountainside Park City Utah

fizzbang Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are travelling from the uk in march to ski at the mountainside resort. We would like to extend our holiday by stopping off at another Marriott hotel or resort either before or after our holiday. Can anyone suggest any stopovers. For example when we went to Phuket recently we stopped over in Bangkok for 3 nights and friends went to breckenridge via  Las Vegas. Seems a shame to come all the way to Utah and not take the opportunity to see any other places.   Any comments would be well received

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Mountainside Park City Utah
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

When in Park City,

Make sure you visit Deer Valley.  Stein Erickson Lodge, is a magnificent place to visit and dine.

Have a great trip.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thank you Jerry I will put those on the itinerary think we may go via New York  Best wishes

fizzbang,

I know they must have a website and you will be amazed at the place.  He was an Olympic Skier and this is the preferred place for movie stars.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Jerry,

If you are going skiing, my take was that Deer Valley and Park City are probably the 2 most upscale ski resorts in the area and both are really close together.  Deer Valley costs around $96 per day for adults, but has been rated the #1 Resort in North America for the last 5 years by the readers of Ski Magazine.  North, up the canyon from Ogden, UT were 2 ski resorts called Snow Basin and Powder Mountain, that were favored by the military people (me being one of them in those days).  My very favorite resort, for the price used to be Alta.  That had some great less-comercial ski areas with older equipment and lower prices (now they are higher at $72), but I do see they still have a high review for some of the best terrain around that area.  Alta, I think, has the most interesting skiing, but is one the least luxurious, in getting around and equipment.  Hope this helps!

@jerrycoin and @tryt53 thank you both for ur responses - tryt53 your response has just prompted another question from me. It's the first time we have skiid through Marriott do they offer any incentives for ski passes or would u just buy when u get to the resort?

Hope u both have an enjoyablele weekend.

fizzbang,

I can't help much there.  When I was in Utah, I was living on the base at Hill AFB in Ogden, UT and always just went for day trips.  If nobody else responds, I would check with the Marriott location directly.  Also, never hurts to search online for coupons for the ski resorts.  Many have lots of specials going on, if you just research a little   Have fun!

HI jerry we are here at mountainside and I thought I would let u know that we are booked into stein Ericsson lodge onSunday. We are also going to buy a day pass to ski up there too. Thanks for your advice. Now we are here it is really helpful. Hope you are welll

JIlly

fizzbang,

Thanks for the update!

Will you please give us a report on the area?  Would like an update, and see which Marriott property would be great for "Non Skier's", but people who enjoy great meals and shopping.  It has been a couple of years since I was there and am planning on coming back this Summer. 

Enjoy the Stein Ericsson Lodge, it is one of the highest rated places in America.  Look out for "Celebrities", and keep a camera with you.  You are in an area that is noted for "The Rich and Famous"!  Enjoy.

Lastly, if you get to Salt Lake for one great meal, try the New Yorker.  It's not far from the Civic Center and is a memorable place to dine.  The last time I was there they had "Idaho Crawfish" that were divine.

Jerry,

That brings back some very old memories.  My very first base that I was assigned to, while in the Air Force, was Mountain Home AFB, ID.  I learned how to go out and catch crawfish in the Snake River.  I would keep dropping my bait down in some deep water and having a crawfish latching onto the bait when I brought it up.  I found that quite annoying since I was trying to get fish, and not crawfish.  Then someone told me they were good to eat, so I went and made a homemade fishnet trap and started bringing them up by the scoopfuls.  That person then took them and cooked them and gave me some cooked.  I found they were quite good.  Later down in Florida, I learned how they cooked them down there, with lots of spices, and even learned that you suck the heads down in that area, because that's where all the flavor is.  Not for the weak of mind or stomach, but I found it quite tasty.  Sometimes, some people need a lot of beer before getting their courage up to try their first one (kind of like getting the courage up to eat your first raw oyster).

There were a lot of outdoors things to do in that area of Idaho, though you'd never know it when you drive through the desert-like sagebrush areas of southern part of the state.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...