3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2012 4:15 PM by deonna RSS

Spirit to Serve in St. Thomas USVI

deonna Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As a Platinum Elite member, I stay at Marriott properties quite frequently.  My stays are for both business and pleasure.  Recently, my husband and I attended a destination wedding in St. Thomas.  Our morning started at 3:30am EST as we had to make a 6:00am flight.  Unfortunately, our airplane had mechanical issues which resulted in a missed connection.  To make a VERY long story short, what should have been a 6 & 1/2 hour travel day with one easy connection turned into a 19 hour day with two troublesome connections.  By the time we checked into the Frenchman's Reef Marriott Beach Resort, we were simply exhausted and quite grumpy!!!!  Our vacation had started off terribly!!!

The moment we met Raynaldo O.(the front desk manager at the property) all of that changed!!!  He greeted us with an enthusiastic welcome, upgraded us to a fabulous room, and turned our entire day around simply with his positive attitude!!!  We stayed at the resort for 6 nights and every time we saw Raynaldo at the front desk, he waved and/or spoke!!!  I witnessed him on many occasions interacting with other hotel guests and it was plain to see that they thought he was quite engaging also.  You have a fantastic representative for the Marriott brands at the Frenchman's Reef Resort.  It is my sincere hope that you will acknowledge this charming and helpful young man!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Thomas, Virgin Islands (US) Marriott Hotels & Resorts Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
  • Re: Spirit to Serve in St. Thomas USVI
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings deonna, On behalf of behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate a Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thank you for helping to acknowledge associates and outstanding service! As a result of your nomination, this associate has been selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve award. Associates are honored to they exemplify the values instilled by JW Marriott, and it means more knowing the recognition came from you, our valued guest.

deonna Platinum

That is terrific!!!  Raynaldo is very deserving of the recognition!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...