5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 1:01 PM by gbpacker_fan RSS

Scotland golfing trip

arniesarmy Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We are planning a golfing trip to Scotland  for late May and early June and staying in the Marriott in Glasgow and the Marriott Dalmahoy outside Edinburgh.  Would appreciate any comments on either Marriott and any suggestions for sightseeing within close distance to each city??.  Any suggestions on car services with guide or tour companies.. How good are the concierges in the hotels in putting tours together??..Has anyone used golf touring companies to book teetimes and to make transportation arrangements???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel & Country Club
  • Re: Scotland golfing trip
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Arniesarmy

sorry, I canont help you but boy am I JEALOUS..........   would love to hear about your trip once you return...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Scotland golfing trip
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Can I join you?

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I'd be happy to caddy.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Never been to Scotland, so looking forward to hearing about your experiences.  Photo's?

gbpacker_fan Silver 60 Reviews

My wife and I stayed at the Dalmahoy and loved it. The hotel and grounds were beautiful.  Golfers (you did know they have a course onsite) played to 10:00 pm at night (it was still light out).  The grounds had animals (goats, sheep, etc) roaming in the pasture area - it was a very relaxing and tranquil hotel.  The doormen (especially Neal) was very helpful in providing directions and information.  We found it easiest to get into Edinburgh by taking the bus from the nearby station. It runs often and will drop you off at many points in the city.  We rented a car and drove to Glasgow and the Highlands for additional sightseeing - the Scottish drivers were very friendly and actually did things a courteous driver should, like move over to the other lane to allow a car to enter the highway.  The concierge at the Dalmahoy was very helpful and will help you enjoy your trip.  There was lots to see in Edinburgh (Castle, Palace, ....).  You made a great choice for using this hotel.  I would definitely go back.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...