4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2012 11:03 AM by anadyr RSS

Happy New Year?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Did anyone catch this story out of Denver?  Seems there was a y2k-type issue at the Denver Tech center Marriott New years Eve.  see below:

Chaos as guests locked out of rooms at Denver hotel

Chaos ensued Saturday night into Sunday as guests at the Denver Tech Center Marriott got locked out of their rooms.

Room keys malfunctioned with the transition to the new year.

Denver Police say they were called to the hotel as fights broke out among frustrated guests.

One 9NEWS viewer says people were getting sick in the halls, and the elevators were not working.

Denver Police say there were no serious injuries.

The lock-out ended around 3 a.m. According to Marriott, they have comped the rooms for all of the guests due to the inconvenience.

9NEWS has also heard from one person in Hawaii who is staying at a Marriott. She says their entire hotel was also locked out around the same time.

Two other Denver Marriott hotels say they did not have those problems.

This story originally appeared on Denver NBC-affiliate KUSA-TV.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Denver, Colorado, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Denver Marriott Tech Center
  • Happy New Year?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I've stayed here numerous times and am glad this never happened to me

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Happy New Year?
      jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

I like the Ren., and glad this never happened to me.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I saw this story on the news today. Glad I don't travel this time of year with all the 'things' that can, and do, happen. It's kind of strange that with all the techie electronics we have today that something as simple as a date change can affect and create so much chaos.

As to the folks getting sick in the hallways.....I would venture a guess they have another issue that had nothing to do with getting locked out of their rooms.......and more to do with tipping their elbow a little (or a lot) too much........but, as we all know the news media has to sell the story and the 'hallway sickies' spices it up for their reporting.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

And sells papers (or Internet time and ads) too,  I agree that it's hype unrelated to the issue of the keys

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...