6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2012 12:02 AM by anadyr RSS

Monterey CA Marriott

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We just completed a 1-night stay at the subject Marriott on the way up to San Francisco from SoCal.  This is one of the rare full-service Marriotts I've been to that does NOT have a concierge lounge.  They offer their breakfast buffet to gold and platinum elites (including everyone in the room), but make a point to inform you that it's only offered Monday thru Friday.  Buffet was good, check-in and valet service fast and friendly ($20/day with no on-site self parking), and we were upgraded to a "corner" room with a larger desk/closet area, and a bigger bathroom than usual.  If you're in this area, the local aquarium is a must-see.  A good restaurant choice is Passionfish in Pacific Grove.  Overall, a pretty good stay. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Monterey, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Monterey Marriott
  • Re: Monterey CA Marriott
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

les,

Nice way to start the New Year!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

For some reason it is considered a resort--go figure!

Just did a search on Marriott brand CA resorts, and it's not listed as a resort.  Also, I forgot to mention that they only have hard-wired internet, and the connection was spotty.

I know that it is not listed as such but last time I checked it was--perhaps they changed it.  Did you also notice that the rooftop restaurant is no longer open except for special functions?  Ferrante's was and is a great view of Monterey Harbor and the Wharfs,

We saw a sign in the elevator for the rooftop restaurant, but don't remember it being mentioned.  Another positive about this hotel, is that the head concierge (Virginia, I believe) personally e-mailed me prior to arrival.  We ended up getting our aquarium tickets from the hotel, thanks to her advice, so we wouldn't have to wait in the long line at the aquarium. 

Good news,our neighbor is one of the owners and I will pass this on to her.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...