10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2012 2:18 PM by anadyr RSS

Virginia Wines!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Thanks to Chris, I was introduced to Williamsburg Winery!

What a special surprise and joy they were over Christmas, Thanks Chris!  We'll have that ale in London, next April, (On Jasper!)

IMG_1801.JPGIMG_1807.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Williamsburg
  • Virginia Wines!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

They have come a long way in terms of good wines!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Virginia Wines!

SS,

Yes they have, and Chris introduced me to them from across the pond!

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

We drank our last bottle of their Late Harvest over Christmas ... it was gooood!

Chris,

Glad you had a great Late Harvest over Christmas!  Brought back a bottle and plan on having it later this month in Scottsdale, AZ.

Sweet wines are great

We love sweet wines ... the ice wine from Niagara is excellent.  However, I only tend to drink them with really rich puddings ... Christmas Pudding clearly fits the bill.  I tend to drink red wine as my regular tipple ... I working on my last bottle of Robin K CabSav as I type ... a great wine from the Stag's Leap area without the hyped price tag!

I am looking forward to sampling the wines at the Ponte Winery in Temecula Valley later in January  ... I am hoping to sneak a case in with our bags without my wife catching me ...

Dear chrisf, FYI, the very long growing season in the Paso Robles (California) appellation makes it easier to have the grapes rot on the vines and to create that essential "noble rot" that makes those Bordeaux blends so marvelous as a dessert wine.

Most table wines from Paso are at 14% or higher, and according to the USG, American wine can be as high as 19% (but then you are approaching Port territory) before it's something else.

I am particularly fond of Germany's ice wines (eiswine) but then that's another tale for another day. 

Happy New Year

Hi SSSS ... I shall look out for some wines from Paso Robles whilst we are over there ... we fly tomorrow!  I'll see if I can find any of that Tobin James wine.  I would be happy with some of that 19% ... I am a great Port fan.

Happy New Year to you too

Pasoporto makes an excellent port and is a Paso appelation.  Our friend owns Jada Vineyards, with excellent Rhone varietals, if you're near his tasting room.  Safe travels.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Yes,

Late Harvest and Dessert wines definitely have their place and time, and are great on the holidays!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...