16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2012 4:46 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Colonial Christmas in Williamsburg, VA, 2011

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This is a great place for a family to spend Christmas!

The Residence Inn, really appreciates MR customers and gave the two of us an upgrade to a 2BR suite, because we are PP.  It was so nice to have the fireplace and extra room.  Sal, and his staff were very friendly and made the holiday so special.  The "Golden Triangle" was so memorable we booked another trip back to the RI next October.  Here are some pictures:

This guy, Sal, makes it happen!  If you want a wonderful place to enjoy Williamsburg, ask for him!

Gingerbread house at Williamsburg Inn, (For SS).

Dinner with the Great Grandson, Gerald Charles Dickens, at The Williamsburg Inn on Christmas Eve, what a show!  What a meal!

Last photo, this is NOT 2bc, but a great Ridge Red Zin, from Lytton Springs, made a wonderful wine for Christmas Day at The Williamsburg Inn

IMG_1790.JPGIMG_1791.JPGIMG_1792.JPGIMG_1793.JPGIMG_1798.JPGIMG_1797.jpgIMG_1796.JPGIMG_1789.JPGIMG_1802.JPGIMG_1809.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Williamsburg
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
  • Re: Christmas in Williamsburg!

Dining in Williamsburg!

These are great places!

The Williamsburg Inn,

The Fat Canary,

The Waypoint

Enjoy the photo's!  All super places to dine!

IMG_1789.JPGIMG_1806.JPGIMG_1813.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
      chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

We've never been there over the Christmas period ... it looks awesome ... I'm jealous!

• Christmas in Williamsburg!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks Jerry this brought back memories of our December trip there in 2010!

SS,

Next trip, I plan on making Monticello!

Have you heard about the law requiring 4th graders to go to Jamestown? 

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I'll bet there is such a law like the one in CA to study the Missions in schools at the 4th grade level

SS,

Never heard of such a thing, but this lady at the Visitor Center was not making this up!

I am glad that history gets shared, but a law requiring 4th graders to visit sites?

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Looks like you had a great time in Williamsburg...Happy New Year!!!

Jasper,

Thanks, it was a great trip!

Am going back this next Fall!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

When my son was in the 4th grade, down to San Juan Capistrano we all went for a weekend, so he (we) could do the research.  Yep.

Sounds like some great memories, Lori!

• Re: Colonial Christmas in Williamsburg, VA, 2011

Just booked my return trip in October!  Same RI!  Now to get good flights, they have already changed since Christmas!

CM,

Does this story qualify for the contest?  new_locale_story

Thanks, I did not see it on the official list, and before I submit more, I want to make sure I am doing it right.

Regard,

CM

CM,

Don't see it listed in the "Official" list, so ?

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong, I would like to submit others, but if there is a problem, let me know.

Regards,

JC

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...