5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2012 10:16 AM by anadyr RSS

Why aren't Rewards points given for more than 3 room in the same stay?

geroberts Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Why aren't Rewards points given for more than 3 room in the same stay?  I recently paid for 5 rooms at the Anaheim Marriott; all reserved and paid for under my Rewards account.  It makes little sense to me why I didn't receive points for two of the rooms.  Also, I only received arrival gift points for one of the rooms.  No logic here, either.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Anaheim, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Anaheim Marriott
  • Re: Why aren't Rewards points given for more than 3 room in the same stay?
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings geroberts, I hope you enjoyed your stay!

I hear what you're saying about earning points for more than three rooms, but as you said, Marriott Rewards points are earned for the member's room and up to two additional rooms. Here are the terms with details. And as the Marriott Rewards member, you'll receive the arrival gift points for your room in lieu of your arrival gift at all participating Marriott hotel brands.

Safe travels!

Andy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

heatherjt Marriott Associate

Hi geroberts,

Marriott Rewards is intended to reward an individual for his or her loyalty to Marriott.  As such we do not allow member numbers to be shared, benefits to be transferred nor do we reward member's spouses when they travel without the member.  It is really about our relationship with you, the member.  From an earning perepsective we cap the number of rooms at 3 because above 3 rooms, the reservations is considered a group and then subject to the earning rules of our Rewards Events program (which requires 10 or more rooms to qualify for earning at 3pts per $).

I realize this might not be the answer you were looking for but hopefully it sheds some light on our philosophies and policies.

Best,

Heather

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi Heather

can you please explain why, when I opened up this morning on this site my "recent posts" box was foiled with posts from 1 year ago, with no recent posting on the subject.  I find this very annoying.

thanks

heatherjt Marriott Associate

Apologies shoeman, but Andy and I are trying to answer and close out unanswered questions and so that is showing as the recent activity even though some of them are old.  We had gotten away from staying on top of unanswered questions so now we're playing catch-up but it's important to us that we make sure everyone has a resolution to their question.  It's only manageable moving forward if we close out a lot of questions which actually have been answered.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This has happnened to me sometimes with posts from over a year ago

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...