2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2011 11:12 PM by jerrycoin RSS

The Burlington, Iowa, Challenge

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

To all Insiders (but particularly those from the USA),

Let me issue a challenge to you: please put on your thinking caps, activate your memory banks and identify for me, and I hope other actual and potential visitors, some "hidden gems" in the US - places of the same ilk as Burlington Iowa as unearthed by Jerry Coin earlier this year - that is to say, locations that are relatively unknown (off the typical tourists' radar), but possessing intrinsic interest and perhaps providing an insight into the mind-sets of the USA.

The rationale: well,.let's start with simple, factual fascination; then enhancing awareness; and lastly enriching travel itineraries?

My thanks - in anticipation.

A

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chiavenna, Italy
Sancerre, France
  • Re: The Burlington, Iowa, Challenge
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Arkwright,

That is a great challenge!

It is very personal, in terms of places that are very special to each of us.  While I have spent too much time at the FF in Burlington, Iowa, I appreciate the place but here are some I like better:

Chiavenno, Italy, No Marriott, but this 45 minute drive from St. Moritz, to Lake Como, is especially a gem for a great place at a great price.  I am not much of a pasta eater, but the pasta here is so good.  For two $25 will get you more than you can both eat, plus a large portion of local wine.  Here are some pictures:

This Hotel Conradi serves great pasta, and the whole town is very special!

DSCN0123_0098.jpgDSCN0126_0101.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Chiavenna, Italy
  • Re: The Burlington, Iowa, Challenge
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

#2,

Would be Sancerre, France.

What a great walled city that has great food and rest.  (No Marriott), but the Euro Disney Marriott is an hour a way.

FH050029.jpgFH050030.jpgFH050031.jpg

Location Brand Hotel
    Sancerre, France

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...