12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2011 5:44 PM by jerrycoin RSS

What makes a PP?

bobbyj Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

How many nights does it take make PP?  I have 133 nights but have no clue.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What makes a PP?
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

It remains a mystery to me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

bobbyj

I have 159, I'll let you know if that is enough.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Can you break down your 133 nights?  Are they all stays? Are there any Credit Card nights involved? Any rollover nights?

I know there are at least two good threads and a poll on here that try to narrow down the criteria. I believe it's at least 125 nights AND the top 3 percent.   PGM and SS have it down...let's hear from them.

dejamo Platinum

As a fellow PP, the rationale to obtain it is beyond anyone's individual assumptive criteria.

I have been a PP over the past 5 years with stays of 162, 170, 108, 112 and 135 actual night stays respectively. 

No one from MRI will give you the criteria verbatim, because it is decided in the cyberbowels of the Marriott Man annually once the abacus breaks at the end of the year.

I had an incident in the early fall where I questioned my status, and was told that the "Lifetime" status would be awarded "only when I dipped below the PP level", and that I had already accumulated enough nights in 2011 to renew my PP status for 2012.  (At the time I only had 120 nights).

So who knows.

• What makes a PP?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Depends of course on other stayers levels--you'll need to be in the top three and I guess for three years in a row, Then you'll make it,

dejamo Platinum

Exactly,  it is anyones "guess".

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

I think someone did published the criteria, it is not easy to attain.  It seems it take a combination of points, stays, and years. 

Good luck to all!

deemanchu Platinum

I've been PP since the beginning of the program.  Last year I had a little over 300 nights.  This year I've stayed 439 nights and have 230 roll over nights from last year so I'm showing 669 night year to date.  I also have a pending stay of about 20 nights that's yet to post, so I'm fairly sure I'll renew for next year.

Regardless of whatever the qualification criteria might be I can tell you with 100% accuracy that PP has become COMPLETELY USELESS over the last 2 years.  There is no differentiation whatsoever unless you just happen to catch a front desk clerk that knows what PP is.  What's even more insulting is that sometimes front desk clerks don't recognize the computer code for PP so they think it is an error when the computer reminds them to ask about the Platinum gift. I've probably had 10 stays this year where I didn't get Platinum benefits because of this.

If Marriott would invest the time in training the hotels about PP and making the program somehow different from Platinum I'd be happy.  As it is, I almost feel like it is a punishment.    

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Well said--as a multi year member of the "club" I can attest that the distinction is lost on most Associates with whom I come in contact.  I assume they are looking at a screen when I check in and yet are disinterested, to say the least.

deemanchu,

Congratulations!  That is most impressive. Where do you travel, and do you have any pictures?

Are you a relative of "Fu"?

Happy New Year to you!

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Here's a fair amount of information (and input) on this.

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1028

Good luck!

ssindc,

Thanks!

What is going on in DC for New Years?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...