1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 29, 2011 2:06 AM by jerrycoin RSS

My most memorable New Year's Eve was?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

1970s.jpgMine was as an inexperienced Army Second Lieutenant with orders to Vietnam, and also a temporary member of the Officer's Club at Bolling AFB in Washington DC. I was finishing training at Fort Holabird at that time.

Snowed heavily that last night of 1969 but they had a ten dollar per person special at the club that included food and drinks, including dinner and breakfast at one am.  As an O-1, I was lucky enough to get the "Any 2nd Lt." parking space in front of the club's door, right next to the Air Force Chief of Staff's space. My date and danced, got slightly tipsy. and toasted the arrival of 1970, the new year..

It was a great start to the decade

Anyone else recall a special New Years, anywhere in the world?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Washington, D.C., USA
  • Re: My most memorable New Year's Eve was?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

SS,

Mine was 1999, we did not know if the "World was coming to an end"!

I was home after a Christmas trip to Paris/Zurich and just wanted to be home.  It was special and all went well.  But it was really stressful wondering if there was going to be a future.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...