4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2011 5:48 AM by arkwright RSS

Organize Discussion Replies in Chronological Order (newest replies sorted last)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

JC, Jasper, SS, NU, Tryt, and the CM all lamented in a recent post to have threads in chronological order (see: Putting a "Maximum" amount on post responses, then Vol. 2).

This post will be my last post in hopes that as I leave the MRI community, I leave on a high note by sharing another tidbit of Marriott-related knowledge with my colleagues and friends.

Below are two screen shots showing the "standard" view (aka "Threaded") and the "chronological" view (aka "Flat"). The number squares indicate time-stamp order. In the first view, JC replied directly to SS and as such, his post comes before Tryt's post of several hours earlier. In the second view, the posts have been reordered (and BTW, numbered just before the "Re: . . . .") in time-stamp order. The default style (Threaded) of organization is very painful when multiple replies to different postings are within a single discussion. HOWEVER ====> a solution exists.

Threaded Post.gif                         Flat Thread.gif

If you prefer the latter, chronological view, here is how to set it up as your default:

Navigate via your username hyperlink to get to the hyperlink "Edit Preferences":

Edit Preferences 2.gif

Halfway down the left-side of the page is where you choose your settings (Flat for chronological):

Flat or Threaded.gif

Peace! - Karl, aka PGM, pingreeman, or most recently, pain in the $@!%

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Organize Discussion Replies in Chronological Order (newest replies sorted last)
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

PGM

Best of luck to you!  Too bad those that are hastening your departure STILL do not understand the reason why.  So sad......

Godspeed to you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Organize Discussion Replies in Chronological Order (newest replies sorted last)
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Karl, please reconsider.  If the discussions have become too heated or irrelevant, then I apologize for myself,  I cannot speak for others and never will.  Your insights are valued, your analysis enlightening, and your presence will be missed.  There have been times when I wanted to chuck it all and go away but reflecting on it all, changed my mind.  Hope you''ll also reconsider.

Roger

• Re: Organize Discussion Replies in Chronological Order (newest replies sorted last)
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

pingreeman, Karl, but NOT $@!%,

I think you know deep down, as well as the rest of us do, that you have always been one of the most valuable resources this site has ever had, and I will miss you so much.  I hope that you maybe turn this into a break and come back from time to time to see if things have possibly changed to something more to your liking.  I truly hope that it progresses into a site that allows almost everyone to find what they want to be a part of, and what they want to find, and only what they want to see.  I may be delusional to think we might someday get there, but I will try to see what I can do to try and shape us in that direction.  Farewell, hopefully just for now, Karl.  Thank you for ALL you have done for me and others.

Tim

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Karl,

May I add my name to those above in lamenting your impending departure and recognizing the loss it represents.

You once described yourself to me as a "numbers man". Whether or not that is a fair, or even fairly understood, assessment is not the issue; however described, what you have brought, and I hope will bring again one day, to this Site is, for me, a clarity and sharpness of thought, together with an unswerving objectivity.

My thanks and best wishes,

Chris

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...