25 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2011 5:47 PM by anadyr RSS

Second win!!!!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just won 1000 MR points in the MR Facebook sweepstakes.  My other win was the Courtyard football game

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Second win!!!!
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Congratulations!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks Jerry.

Are you still in Williamsburg?

Yes, but we had a false "Fire alarm" at Midnight and that really hurt the evening.

Glad there was no problem, but the RI was no fun last night.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

They must be in a giving mood today.  I just won my 2nd 1000 points today, and also have 1 Courtyard win for the $100 gift card.  We seem to both be having a good day!

Good for you (and me)

Congratulations!

You two are doing a lot better than me, I have won nothing, but have enjoyed the game.

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

I don't want to undermine the value of your win but how many people participate in the MR Facebook?  It is not something that appeals to me.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

be careful chrisf, that will be considered blasphemy by some.......

I knew that I was on 'thin ice' but I cannot see the value of these corporate presences on Facebook.  Oooops!

Hard to tell--but I guess it is time-dependent:  you win only if you happen on the site and click at the correct time of day (or night)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

chrisf..I have won three times now on the facebook site for a total of 3000 points!!!

Not that it means anything, but as far as MR trying to get a presence on Facebook and how many people are being a part of it, so far they have over 192,000 likes.  I'm sure those numbers may only mean a little increase in business, but they are probably pretty happy with their numbers so far from the promo, since they haven't been out there that long yet.  This is definitely a new facet of business that is still evolving.

I'll still stick with the view that Facebook is for 'friends and family' ... I ignore any other 'presences'.  Each to his own, I guess.

There are merits to both arguments (for and against Facebook) by Marriott and by us as Insiders. I suppose, like Insiders, we can ignore it (Facebook) and be none the worse for it.  I find it funny/ironic that so many people find Facebook as a substitute for a real life of interaction, face to face, with others.  But we know it is.  For something that started less than 10 years ago, it is a wonderkind and a money maker.  To not play along is a dangerous gambit for a corporation, in that that corporation might be judged as irrelevant in the eyes of a segment of their customer base--not a good thing.  I guess I am trying to make a case for a Facebook presence by Marriott as a thing to do to remain competitive, but I also know that the next best idea, whatever that is, will come along and Facebook will be "so yesterday," to use the vernacular.

mmoore29 Gold

How did you do this?

If I understand what you are asking, steppingstones was explaining that when you play the NFL Football Game, it doesn't really matter where you put the football, it only will let you win if you are the one person who plays next right after it randomly picks times during the day to allow someone to win.  There is no way to really know what those times are.  If you are asking how to play the game, here is a link:

https://www.marriott.com/courtyard-hotels/NFL-official-hotel-sponsor.mi

If you are on Facebook there is also a contest for Facebook and you can find it at:

www.facebook.com/marriottrewards

Hope this helps.

I have win this one once and the MR twice.., seems to be true luck not skill.  The one ends in about three days so get playing (once per day of course).

Have not won anything, but will continue to try!

bazzap Platinum

Still no win on either for me, having tried just about every day.

I wonder if I will manage a single win before it ends?

Oh well, perhaps I will win the national lottery instead!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I played during Monday Night Football and I was staying at a Courtyard, but I still didn't win.  The employees were wearing football jerseys (most had on Eli Manning's #10 New York Giants jersey).  They were also popping popcorn in the lobby and had all the TV's in the restaurant on Monday Night Football.  It was great watching the Saints beat the Falcons and Drew Brees setting the new passing record.  I will keep playing the game because I sure would like to go to the Super Bowl!

I don't think you could have done any more to try and get the odds in your favor.  Good luck on the Superbowl tickets!

I am willing to take the prize and donate it to a deserving Insider!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

If the Saints geaux to the Super Bowl, I'd be happy to accept your donation.

GREAT

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Sorry but I plan on winning the Superbowl tickets!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...