29 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2012 1:20 AM by anadyr RSS

Christmas from Germany

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We've collected a lot of things in our trips to Germany but our favorites are the small ornaments and larger sized nutcrackers.  Here's a sample:

DSCN9888.JPG

DSCN9886.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Garmisch, Germany
Zugspitze, Germany
King Ludwig II Castle, Germany
Neuchwanstein Castle, Germany
  • Re: Christmas from Germany
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

These are great!

Reminds me of spending Christmas in Garmisch.  What a wonderful place the former Ren. was there.  No more, but the memories last forever.

DSCN0131_0105.jpgDSCN0132_0106.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Garmisch, Germany

Spent many an hour in Garmisch and would post the photos if I thought they would allow them

Zugspitze.jpgOne of my favorite places to go was the Zugspitze, and stand along the border with Austria. Always snow there even in mid season (summer/fall).

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

What a beautiful picture!  Merry Christmas SS!!

Same to you

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

IMG_4691.JPG

IMG_4686.JPGIMG_4693.JPG

SS and Jasper,

Great pictures and bring back a lot of memories.  I am planning to go back to Bavaria next Christmas, (If I don't have to make to many airline connections).

Jasper I do not know where your pictures where taken, but they sure relate to a "Silent Night"!

Here are some more from a Christmas a few years ago, I actually skied on the Zugspitzer.

PTDC0036.JPGPTDC0033.JPGHPIM0160.JPGHPIM0208.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
    Zugspitze, Germany

My pictures were take at EPCOT American Pavillion at Christmas time..candlelight processional!!!

Jasper,

Never been there but that must have been a great show!

Thanks for the pictures, I really thought it was from Bavaria.

HPIM0101.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
        King Ludwig II Castle, Germany

Love that castle--have you walked up the hill or take the horse drawn carriage

SS,

I walked, but never to it again!  Stopped half-way and had a beer (Small one, see picture) and then made it up there and then walked down and had another one.  Then drove to the Renaissance in Garmisch, and spent the night.  Here is a couple more pictures:

HPIM0100_2.JPGHPIM0111.JPGHPIM0117.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
            Neuchwanstein Castle, Germany

I walked it (but then I was much younger at the time!!! Great photos

SS,

You have some serious duplication here!

Guess they have not sorted out the duplication issue even though they said they fixed it!!!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

they did fix the problem for me.  They must have missed something for SS though!

If that duplication happens to me, please tell me about it!

I'll pass the information on to SS!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Everyone, I found this thread at the right of the screen under the "More Like This" list.  Wonderful pictures.  SS, that is definitely a collection!

We have a lot more but no place to show them!  Houses and volunteers wanted

I have the same problem with my Renoir collection...

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I have a nice Dutch, Belgian, and German beer glass collection.

lol!

I have a nice crystal beer mug collection from a unit with which I served (used once at the Lowenbrau tent at Octoberfest and not broken either!!!!!!) Prosit!

pluto,

We have the same problem!

What to do with all of my prints!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

My wife loves her collections from Germany too.  Hummels I think they are called.  And lots of nut crackers too.

Yes they are, and they are fantastic

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

We too have the nutcrackers but my favorite collection is the beer steins!

Got to love them even empty!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...