2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2016 6:41 PM by AndrewT RSS

How do I tag content?

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

Add Topic-Specific Tags

Whenever you share content with the Insiders community, you have the option to add tags to your content. You will find the space to enter tags just below the space where you have composed your post or other content.

Add+Tags+Screenshot+.png

Very Important! Please note that if any single tag contains more than one word, the words need to be connected with an underscore mark. The correct way to tag "Long Island" is therefore "Long_Island." If you do not use an underscore, the search engine with interpret "Long" and "Island" as two different tags.

Add Tags for Specific Marriott Locations

If your content is about a specific property, please add that exact location tag where it says "Type in a location". Note: This Location tag is required for all posts in the Destinations Topic area, but please add this tag whenever you discuss a specific property.

1. Type the city or state of a specific property
  2. Select the appropriate location from the list of matching locations
    location_tag1.jpg
  3. Select the corresponding Brands within that location (This box only appears if you complete step 2)
    location_tag2.jpg
  4. Select the specific Hotel name
    location_tag3.jpg
  5. Click Add Tags
  6. Your location tag will then appear with your post
    location_tag4.jpg

Related FAQ:

How can I find content related to specific tags?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How do I tag content?
    YogiB Platinum

Hi NathalieF (or any other CMs)

The Delta Hotels aren't available (yet) in location tagging. Could those be added? Does that also mean other recently added chains are lacking (like Protea)?

And the Marriott Montreal Airport is geographically correct to be in Dorval QC, but it's probably not the city that out of towners will search for; they will type in Montreal QC. Just a suggestion...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How do I tag content?
      AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thank you for sharing these observations, YogiB.

These locations have not been updated in some time; the possibility of getting these updated down the line certainly exists.