7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2011 11:12 AM by NathalieF Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

I wish there was a way to delete non-travel stuff

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

x

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Censorship
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Don't read them -- that will work until they get a system in place for removal.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

that seems to be missing the point............

Perhaps, but what else can you do?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

you might have a point, ss. 

Shoeman, it is very frustrating to open Insiders and find 21 communications in an AM check and 20 of them are not travel related!  I tend to read them quickly or just check "mark all read," which defeats the purpose of being a member of MRI. I find myself looking more at other sites that are exclusively travel related, another bad sign for Marriott Rewards Insiders.

I wish they would come out with a fix, a strong suggestion, anything to bring this back to a semblance of where it started

bazzap Platinum

Just a thought for Andy and the Community Management.

Unless I misunderstand the concerns, it seems to be clear that some Insiders want exclusively travel related posts, others also want to see posts on wider topics such as Marriott Rewards cards, points, elite nights, promotions...etc

Surely it should be possible for everyone to get what they want through perhaps a tweaked use of the Topics facility and how latest posts appear, so that members only see what they are really interested in?  

• Re: I wish there was a way to delete non-travel stuff
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

For anyone that missed the recent blog post within Community Updates, A Few Tips to Get the Most from MRI, please take a look. Everyone has the opportunity to share as much or as little travel-related information or advice as you’d like.

And bazzap, we are open to expanding our topic areas as necessary. But to do so, we would need to see enough interest in a particular topic (maybe you could suggest a new topic as an "idea" within Community Suggestions). You could also take advantage of the tags feature and browse by a generic tag like London or a property specific tag.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...