8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2011 5:49 PM by NathalieF Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Censorship

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

OK if the moderator dislikes a post and eliminates it that's fine.

Wouldn't it be nice if they notified the poster that this was done?  I think so but the moderator apparently does not.

C'mon, in the spirit of the Holidays, let's let the posters know if they're being removed and if there's time, why it's happening

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Censorship
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

I agree with you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi steppingstones, feel free to send me a direct message with specifics and I will check the moderation Queue and/or help troubleshoot. To be clear, we do not censor the community.

I merely posted that if I lived any further from the East Coast "I'd be swimmin' with the fishes," a line made famous by an Irishman in the TV series, "the Sopranos."  It was deleted apparently by the moderator and no one told me.

Thanks Steppingstones for the details, I'll look that one up and get back to you. For anyone else that finds their content has been moderated, help us look into the matter by sending some information to the community manager, https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/37307#37307

Thanks Andy.  To reiterate, it was not the removal but the failure to explain the removal about which I was bloviating.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

It turns out the post in question was moderated because it included a copyrighted photo. But to your second point, yes you should have been notified so we're working to get that fixed.

Just as an FYI for everyone, we welcome original images or photos but we must ask to avoid posting third party or copyrighted photos available online.

Thanks CM for the clarification.  As the holder of copyrighted works I appreciate the need to keep copyrights copyrighted as it were.  I will not delve into my Internet and CS-5 stash anymore to post photos, and hope everyone else will do the same.  I'd venture to say that some of the youtube content we see is pirated and should not be sent as well.  Just my humble opinion of course.

??

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...