9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 10:00 AM by ronhigg RSS

Roadtrip headed to Destin then Orlando- Any hotel recommendations along the way

tx0810 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I need some hotel recommendations for destin and then orlando area, i am coming from dallas area taking I-20 then 59 then I-10. Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Destin, Florida, USA
Orlando, Florida,
  • Re: Roadtrip headed to Destin then Orlando- Any hotel recommendations along the way
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi  TX0810:

Are you coming directly into the Destin area? Destin is actually about thirty miles south of I-10 on Highway 98. If so, there is a Courtyard and Residence Inn in the Sandestin complex (in the Destin locale) that have both had good reviews. I can tell you they are both well maintained as I live about five miles from both of them on County Hwy 30A that runs along the gulf waterline.

The most recent review is here:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/people/hogsfollower/blog/2011/11/27/courtyard-at-sandestin

The Residence In has free breakfast and the Courtyard does not.

There is also a Marriott complex about 45 miles east in Panama City Beach, also just off Highway 98 on Grand Bay.

If you are staying in the area for a day or two, I would suggest the Sandestin locations because there is so much to do and see on 30A. Seaside, Watercolor, Rosemary Beach, Alyce Beach and many, many shops and stops along the 17 mile road that have a tourist attachment to them....and all is right on the waterfront.

If you would like more info regarding the 30A area, just go to:

http://www.30a.com

Hope this helps and Happy Travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Roadtrip headed to Destin then Orlando- Any hotel recommendations along the way
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Tef has covered Destin, I don't know that area, but would recommend:

RI, Seaworld, if you have a family or enjoy a RI atmosphere.  Shop the rates, but this is a nice property that has a lot of access to Orlando sights.

Second, the FF on Canada Drive, just off International Drive and Sand Lake, a very clean property that is relaxing and budget oriented.

Location Brand Hotel
    Orlando, Florida,
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

We have stayed at the following hotels which might be on your route, and would return to any of them.

FFI, Orange Beach, AL

FFI, Ft. Walton Beach, FL (near Eglin AFB)

Renaissance, Mobile, AL

TPS, Pensacola, FL

SHS, Pensacola Beach, FL

CY, Ocala, FL

Marriott, Lake Mary, FL

CY, Altamonte Springs, FL

SHS, Marriott Village, Orlando, FL

World Marriott Center, Orlando, FL

JW Marriott, Orlando, FL

Renaissance Seaworld, Orlando, FL

tx0810 Gold 2 Reviews

Think i've got the hotels covered, any restaurant / places to eat you would recommend?

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

If you are near McComb, Mississippi at lunchtime be sure and stop at the Dinner Bell.  It serves southern home cooking family style.  You are seated at a round table with a lazy susan in the center which you spin around to get access to the food you want.  One of their specialties is fried eggplant.  The last time we were there I was the only one eating turnip greens and probably ate at least half the serving bowl.  The menu changes daily. You can get further details on their website.

We enjoy eating at Ed's Seafood Shed, located on Battleship Parkway just east of Mobile.  A friend has recommended Felix's Fish Camp but we have never eaten there.

If you are in the Gulf Shores area, we like Lulu"s for seafood and Lambert's (home of the throwed roll).

ronhigg Platinum 3 Reviews

Courtyard at Sandestin is perfect spot to stay. Just down the road from huge outlet mall. Also located next to a development with restaurants. Two places near the Courtyard about 1 miles or less east headed toward Panama City -- Bayou Bill's for seafood and The Donut Hole for breakfast (try the crawfish omelette).

ronhigg Platinum 3 Reviews

Courtyard at Sandestin is perfect spot to stay. Just down the road from huge outlet mall. Also located next to a development with restaurants. Two places near the Courtyard about 1 miles or less east headed toward Panama City -- Bayou Bill's for seafood and The Donut Hole for breakfast (try the crawfish omelette).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...