20 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2011 4:37 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Lights 2.0--the visible sequel

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

DSCN9775.JPGAt the request of the National Geo-spatial Intelligence Agency and others the lights are only on t certain times of the evening, but hope this photo comes through.  In honor of LEDs all these lights are in fact LED's (except the spots which are low wattage incandescent ones).

No deer or other local critters (like Mountain Lions) have been harmed in the installation of this display, I might add.  PS:  we're having a 150 or so close friends over for dinner tonight if you're nearby.

Deer.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Monterey, California, USA
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
  • Re: Lights 2.0--the visible sequel
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

very nice.  can we attend the party tonight via skype?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

We will have it streaming live on Jaspernet, which is a members only spot for Stewards and Gurus, but the password is "Jedi." Easy to get into.  Carols will be played on our piano by a good fiend who won the Van Cliburn award many years ago and is involved in Broadway.  Security is by our watch Squirrels and Racoons.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

Beautiful!  That is a wonderful picture.

I am glad I am not with Toto in Kansas right now!

Thanks Jerry, those lights twinkle and our smart meter is spinning!!!!!

SS,

I love Christmas lights but will never put them out myself anymore.  Will hire someone to do it for me.  It's easy to get them out in November, but horrible getting them down in January.  That's the Mid-West for you!IMG_1371.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
        St. Louis, Missouri, USA
          tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Jerry:

Just wait until May! 

Very nice, SS. It was worth your 'stringing us along' to the second post.....

What time shall we get there 7 or so? What shall we bring? My 2BC is chilled and ready to go!

Tef,

I am having a glass of 2bc, as I sit here in the hotel.  The "Nouveau" is actually very good!  As a matter of fact, everyone of their wines has been a great value.  I "Don't leave home without my AMEX, and my 2bc" when going to my Marriott properties.

We waited

I think we made a wrong turn at Phoenix....probably cracked the 2bc a little too early.....wound up in the Painted Desert. No Marriott there.

Tef,

This is too true! 

I know the feeling.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
            nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Better to be swimmin' with the fishes than...

"In the book, the text reads: “Sonny lit a cigar and took a shot of whiskey. Michael, bewildered, said. 'What the hell does that fish mean?' It was Tom Hagen the Irisher, the Consigliere, who answered him. 'The fish means that Luca Brasi is sleeping on the bottom of the ocean,' he said. 'It’s an old Sicilian message.'”

Added:  Interesting that Steppingstones' post that I was replying to has been "hidden" by the moderator or reported for abuse.  What's the deal with that?

I guess the moderator is not a fan of the Sopranos, and now I know

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I don't want to make light of this in the event that it is not travel related!!!

Traveling to the bottom of the sea, Jasper!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

SS,

I am just catching up on a lot of posts.  I love the beautiful lights.  Nothing like outdoor lights to make a house look so cheery!  I saw the tags that you had were for Monterey, and St Louis.  Being it's nighttime, I can't tell which location it might be?

Actually I think Jerrycoin is the St. Louis person and our tags comingled,  We are firmly planted on a granite mountain in Monterey

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Interesting.  I didn't know it would add the tags to the original posting.

Yes, I am the STL guy, but would much rather be in Monterey!

I would head to The Sardine Factory for a Christmas dinner.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...