20 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2014 2:40 AM by john_thai RSS

100 Places to see before you die!!!! How many have you been to?

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

100 Paces to see before you die!!! How many have you been to?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17106-100_places_to_see_before_I_die.html

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 100 Places to see before you die!!!! How many have you been to?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Jasper,

Am I missing something?  Is there a list? or should a person just contribute their recommendations?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Jasper,

Been to 69 of these places and don't know when I will get to the 31 places that I have not been. 

A couple questions, "Where is Bushmills"?  Likewise, I think Oswiecm, is Poland, (Auschwitz?), been there.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I've only been to 34 of those locations...guess I'd better get busy.  (And win the lottery!)

I use my 1000 Places to See Before You Die-United States and Canada when we travel and put a gold star by every place we visit.

Razorback,

The only place I have not been to in the US and Canada that I would really enjoy is:

Yellowstone (Fairfield in West Yellowstone)

Banff (Taking the train from there to Vancouver)

Yosemite Park

Newfoundland

Razorback, if you can post that list, it would be interesting to view.

We loved Yellowstone and Yosemite.  I'll post an album of some of the pictures my husband took, but it will probably be after the holidays.

We are beginning to plan a trip to Glacier National Park which would include the Banff area.  We are also considering traveling by train for part of the trip.

I'll be happy to post some of the 1000 places to see in the U.S. and Canada.  What part of the country would you like to see first?  Again, it will be after the holidays before I will be able to do this.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Razorback, I have travelled to a lot of places, but prefer the US.  Since I'm not a picture-taker I'd love  to see any photos you have.  Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Ill be happy to add some pictures to the albums.  My husband is the photographer in the family because he has great cameras, but I am the creative assistant.  We love traveling in the U.S., too.  I can include some Razorbacks, Saints, and Hornet action shots too if you are interested.  Do you all expect (or have) a white Christmas?  It is over 70 degrees here right now with a major thunderstorm line approaching.

razorback,

Any photo's of Yosemite or Yellowstone, have not been to either but enjoy the pictures?

I'd be happy to post some of the locations now that I'm home and have the book handy...it might take me a while to list all 1000!  The book is divided into areas of the U.S. and Canada (for example; Mississippi Valley which includes Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee).  Places to see are then listed by state.  Each place listed has a thorough explanation including location, best times to visit, phone numbers, etc.  Which state(s) do you want to explore?

In New York City we saw Central Park, Christmas in New York, The Cloisters and Wave Hill, Historic Downtown, The Empire State Building, Architectural Landmarks, The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Times Square, The Once and Future World Trade Center, Yankee Stadium, and The Brooklyn Bridge.  Of course, we also saw many locations that are not listed. 

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Just went thru the list, and I also got 34 - that's pretty funny.  (I'm guessing it's a different 34).

Having said that, I found the list and the quantification a little inconsistent (e.g., some cities count as one destination, while some sites within cities were separate (and not necessarily sequential) - Lincoln Memorial & White House, or, say, Eiffel Tower & Notre Dame).  So, if the spirit of offering a different perspective, check out this list:

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I've been to fifteen of those places, but really didn't find them at all representative of places I've been or want to go to.  (Even many of the places listed that I've been to I don't care if I go back.)

Professor,

I am surprised that you have only been to 15, but I imagine you, like most of us, are not influenced by this list of 100.  I honestly have never heard of some of them.  Likewise, there are places I have been many times that I could care less about going again: ie,

NYC

Rome

Detriot

Pittsburgh

Minneapolis

Tampa

Not trying to get anyone upset, but we all have our choices.  Ironically, some of the places on this list I am going back to for connecting flights.  All of my choices have wonderful Marriott properties.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Only 31. But frankly some of them are not that impressive. Can you really say that you haven't lived unless you've been to Chicago? Someone should start of list of places that aren't in the guidebooks that we think people should see before they die.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...