18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2011 10:51 AM by jerrycoin Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

London Photos

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Chris, the 3rd and last group!  FH030015.jpgFH030017.jpgFH030019.jpgIMG_0246.JPGIMG_0247.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
London, England, United Kingdom Renaissance Hotels St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
Yorktown, Virginia, USA
Jamestown, Virginia, USA
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
  • Re: How about a counter for best answers?
    arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Jerry,

Many thanks for the post and especially the images. It certainly looks as though you covered a lot of ground..and that you have a certain penchant for "pubs"! They are my natural habitat.  When you find a good one, it can be both enjoyable and a good access route to some distinctive aspects off British culture.

Some day I will reciprocate by visiting St Louis bars!

All best wishes for Christmas and 2012

A

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Arkwright,

Thanks for the comment!

I really enjoy "Pubs", as I mostly travel alone and I can sit at a bar and dine with not too much trouble.  You are welcome to visit the "Home of Budweiser", when you can!

Do you have a Christmas picture from GB?  I have none and would like to "Toast" M-O-E.

Here is a picture of my favorite London pub, The Audley, by the US Embassy, and Grosvenor Marriott.  Note, picture three, Cyntia, from South America is a great server of fine pub food!

Merry Christmas to you!

IMG_0288.JPGIMG_0223.JPGIMG_0224.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
      London, England
        tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Jerry,

These are all great pictures.  Thanks for sharing them.  London is one of our must-see places on our 3 or 4 week, European vacation we are saving up our points for, in a few years.  We will keep all these discussions with pictures, where we hope we can find them as we get closer!

Tryt,

You will be in for a memorable time!

London, is very special, as long as you don't try to do too much everyday you are there!  Great Marriott properties.  It really helps to use points because the properties are expensive.  Likewise, book as much in advance as you can.  Here's a few more pictures for you.

I cannot remember what this famous residence is?  Maybe our GB friends or Jasper can help me!  I think it is the Duke of Wellington's home, on the SE corner of Hyde Park. This is where you can take the tube from the airport to and just walk up the street to Grosvenor House or other Marriott properties.

This property has a special name, like #1 something, but I can't remember that either.  Too much 2bc!

Note the famous pub, Hung, Drawn and Quartered (Ouch)!  This pub is located close to The Tower of London and worth a stop.  A couple of neat things to do that are free (I you ride on the Big Red Bus), is a "Pub Crawl" and a "Jack the Ripper walk",  likewise, The "Beatles" walk is a lot of fun as well.

Lastly, a Tower Bridge tour is well worth it.  A fascinating experience and engineering marvel.

IMG_1706.JPGDSCN0036_0026.jpgDSCN0039_0029.jpg

Location Brand Hotel
          London, England

Hi Jerry,

I think you're right.  That does look like the Duke of Wellington's London home from the pictures I see on Google.  We will be so excited when we get there someday.  I am hoping to have about 400,000+ points and about enough for 3 or 4 free Radisson Blu nights as well.  So hopefully that will make for a nice long stay in several different countries.  We know will probably only do the long Europe tour once, so we will do more and more research as we get closer.  As always, thank you for you input and thoughts!

Tryt,

You will get a lot of help from folks on this site before your trip.  Hope we have more people in GB, like Chris and arkwright. It will really help this site to have a "Worldwide" audience.

When you plan your trip you will want to make sure you try to use points and get CL's  Likewise, you may want to consider using the Eurostar from London to Paris, it is a memorable trip.IMG_0213.JPGIMG_0215.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
              London, England, United Kingdom Renaissance Hotels St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel

Thanks Jerry,

Will definitely look at using the Eurostar.  It does look like it would be great!

Tryt,

Two Hours and 15 minutes, London/Paris!  Take your own food and 2bc and relax at 185 MPH...

Location Brand Hotel
                  Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
                    chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Jerry, I am not sure that you need the help of us Brits ... you seem to be pretty fluent on the London scene.  We should meet up for a beer or two one of the times that you are over.  I am impressed by the bevy of 'babes' surrounding you at the Embassy!

Seriously, Tryt ... let me know if I can provide any advice ... I would be more than happy to help.

Chris,

Went by the Williamsburg Winery today and had some nice wine and gave you a "Salute", for introducing me to Virginia wines.  They were very good!  Will have pictures to share with you soon!

Ate last night at a wonderful place not far from the RI here, "Fat Canary" it's on main street in Williamsburg and learned something I never knew.  Here goes:

When ships sailed from the Old World to the New, they stopped in the Canary Islands for supplies.  On of the important provisions brought aboard was win, referred to as "Canary".  Our restaurant is named after a reference in Colonial era poet John Lyly's poem, "Oh for a bowl of fat Canary, rich  Palermo, sparkling sherry....."

Chris those young ladies had just left The Texas Embassy, where I dined and I asked to get a picture with them.  It was great!

Yes, I would love to treat you to a little beverage of choice at The Sherlock Homes!  The taxi drivers tell me there are many "Yanks" that ask to go to that Pub first, before they see anything else in London!

By the way, I finished the day at Yorktown, not a great place in English history, but we can still enjoy that beer together!

Location Brand Hotel
                      Yorktown, Virginia, USA
                      Jamestown, Virginia, USA

Thank you chrisf and Jerrycoin!  I will keep in touch with these travel plans as I get closer!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Jerry, how have you embedded your photos in the response?  Every time I've tried nothing happens.  And I do NOT want to create photo albums, but would like to do what I did in 2.0, attaching up to 4 photos.  Except it never works.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

IM000503.JPGProf..just click on the camera button on the reply page, then select the photo you want to include and then it should be embedded in the reply when you hit the insert image button..try it!!!

Yes,

Professor, just follow Jasper's advice and it will work.  Here's one for you!

An autographed menu from Gordon Ramsay.  It is a great place to dine.  I have never seen the TV show, but this place is very special.  Not too far from the Marriott County Hall where I stay.  Quite a menu!  Don't tell Chris, he will want me to buy him a pint here!

PTDC0001.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
          London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
            profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I've tried clicking on the camera repeatedly when I wanted to post a photo and it's not working.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Professor, at times the photo icon does not work for me, so I have to reload the tab for Marriott Rewards Insiders and then it does,  I have found that in-line posting works as well as anything, and better than in the previous version.  I have decided as well to do a photo collage if I have more than one photo and post that, since it involves less clicking.

• Re: London Photos

Good luck Professor, and thanks SS,

Have not had any problems, so hopefully you can get your reply photo's to work.  It is a great way to share photo's without having too many on one post nor having to do a series.

We will look forward to seeing the photo's!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...