Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 3, 2012 3:38 PM by NathalieF RSS

Why do Marriott close down 'hot' topics?

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Do you recall the '2nd class citizen discussion?  Well ... a Community Manager closed it down!!

It is interesting that Lauren suggested that Andy would link up to arrange a UK / Europe discussion group ... guess what? ... nothing happened. 

I have stayed silent on this topic for some time, hoping that something proactive would be driven by Marriott!  Lauren, it is only useful stating that Marriott appreciate "frank feedback" if you act on it.  There has been a lot of "twaddle' regarding why Marriott cannot deliver the same terms as the USA Visa card in the UK/Europe.  I am still struggling to understand the rationale ... surely Marriott own the points / stays, so could add them as part of the CC deal?  Why is it down to the CC provider to offer them?  Am I being simple here?

Don't get me wrong, I am still an avid Marriott supporter and believe the value at the hotels is better than most of the competitors ... but if you want me to use a Marriott Master Card, you need to come up with a better deal!  At the moment this seems like playing a game of poker ... I am betting that there is a better deal that you can do.  Until you offer it, you can keep the Master Card and I'll stay with Virgin Atlantic Visa.

How many of you have 'folded'?

NathalieF

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why do Marriott close down 'hot' topics?
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

Greetings chrisf

Some discussion threads like the one you mentioned have been locked in an effort to consolidate conversations. If we do discover multiple threads on a topic, we'll always link out to the other thread so the conversation can continue. We encourage everyone to contribute to the travel-, Marriott- or destination-related conversations of personal interest.

All the best and safe travels!

Andy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...