14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2011 3:22 PM by profchiara RSS

Avoid Timing Out on MRI

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

x

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Avoid Timing Out on MRI
    heathymountain Platinum

THANKS FOR THE INFO!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I have not had any problem with timing out..Guess I am just lucky!!!

• Avoid Timing Out on MRI
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I haven't had a problem with "timing Out" on Insiders.  I use the system suggested by pingreeman above.  WOW!  I was doing something right with the computer and didn't even know it!

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks, pingreeman!  My frustrated muttering was starting to annoy the family.  your tip works like a charm.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Alas, I have a Mac (no right click capacity) and use Safari -- is there any help to be had, Pingreeman?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

More than you ever wanted to know about Safari features, including forcing a new tab to open.

http://www.apple.com/safari/features.html

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

hi profchiara,

For your right click on your Mac, have you tried holding down your Control Key and clicking your mouse pad?  Let me know if that is what you are looking for.

Hi Tryt53,

But when do I do it?  I usually have no idea it's going to time me out until it obviously has done so. When I just did so as a test, I got a little popup that said Bookmark this Page or one other option.

ProfC

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

pc, (odd shortname for me to call you, since you are also on a Mac ),

I don't know when you want to do that if you are trying to create another window, since I haven't really noticed any difference in another pane.  I do know that with Chorme (and I think Safari does it also), you can take one of those panes and just drag it outside the browser and it gives you a separate window (I may try that later to see if it affects timing out).  I was more trying to help find your right-click, which is handy for things like right-clicking on a picture so you can save the picture, or something like that.  Does going to a picture with your cursor, holding down your Control key, and then clicking your pad give you what you would expect from a right-click?

Nope - it just opens more pop-up windows.  Safari does open new panes for me each time I click on something from an email or other site, but it doesn't seem to help in terms of keeping the session going.

PC

Buy a PC just for Insiders

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Pingreeman:

Don't know why, but this didn't work for me. The right click got me the new window, but it still timed out. I'm using Vista and IE8, but don't know if that makes a difference. I tried it more than once, but it still times out.

You still get my thanks for the effort to help all of us with these 'issues'.

I find that with Firefox and a new tab it lasts almost forever.

I unfortunately am the owner of a PC netbook which I only use in my office (in other words, the place I can't get any writing done or other serious work) and would NEVER consider buying anything but a Mac.  Fortunately, the college replaces my Mac every 3-4 years. 

I've also used Firefox, and if anything the problem is worse, because it does not open new windows.  So I guess I've learned my lesson -- when I get an error message, ignore it, since my post probably exists.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...