13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 3:08 PM by jasper100 RSS

Mannheim Steamroller Christmas

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am experimenting here...I have uploaded an I-Phone video to "you tube"  I took the other evening at Universal Studios Florida of a song by Mannheim Steamroller Christmas.. Please confirm you were able to view.

Message was edited by: communitymanager

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mannaheim Steamroller Christmas
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Yes and you are under arrest for illegal taping too,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Jasper,

Good sound and picture.  Have never seen this group.  This reminds me of one of the worst concerts I have ever been to, Trans Siberian Orch., last year.  I could not hear for two days after the program.  They had a huge crowd, but I would never go back!

I like TSO's music but am sad to hear that the concert was so bad.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm not much of a concert person, but every real Nebraskan enjoys Mannheim Steamroller.

SS,

It wan't bad, it was just so loud! 

There had to be 30,000 people at their show, and it was the second of the day.  There was fireworks and tremendously loud music.  It was dazzling, but I am one that would not go back.  Saw "The Rat Pack" last night at the FOX Theater here in St. Louis, and it was wonderful.  Am sure I am over the hill!

Jerry, thanks for that explanation:

I guess I am old enough to officially hate very loud music.  Recently my wife and I went to see the Animals with Eric Burdon, who is a geezer like me and a band that is 40 years younger than us and him.  His music was so loud that even in the cheap seats we were blasted for hours, and it took a while and a couple glasses of wine to get it back!  Full disclosure, in the 1960s I went to a number of rock concerts where the sounds were very loud, but I got over that.  Firing a 105mm Howitzer in the US Army was not quite as loud but almost.

I wish I had been living or stationed here in Monterey in 1967 to see and hear the Monterey Pop Festival considered by some to be the best and most diverse rock concert ever, even with the missing acts (Beach Boys among them).  Eric wrote a song about this called "Down in Monterey," which many of us old-timers will now look for on you-tube!

Pop.jpg

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

jasper100 -- great music.  thanks for posting.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Great music! Really enjoy them. Have a great Christmas CD of theirs that we always have racked up (with a bunch of others) that everyone likes to hear when we have the big neighborhood Christmas party (last weekend)!

Enjoyed the post and the music!

• Re: Mannheim Steamroller Christmas

Another Mannheim Steamroller hit from 12/2011 at Universal Orlando.

http://youtu.be/Zn-soXPIxH0

Jasper,

Merry Christmas!

With all that light and sound, you almost got me thrown out of this RI!

That would be too much for me, but I know a lot love that action music.  I am going back to my Tennessee Ernie Ford Christmas Music.  The "Old Pea-Picker" has some great Christmas songs!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

The YouTube link has been removed for copyright concerns.

Interesting..you tube still has left this up???

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...