3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2011 9:12 AM by bayonneboy RSS

New Years Eve NYC

bayonneboy Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello all. Happy Holidays! I was hoping that someone could give me some information regarding activities and access to activities on New Years Eve.

My in laws had the ball drop on their "bucket list" and I will be taking them as well as my father, wife and 2 daughters ages 14 and 17. We will be staying at the Renaissance times square. I know that Lady Gaga is performing and my 2 daughters(and my wife) are hoping to see her show. My father and inlaws are in their late 70s and early 80s and really just want to see the ball drop and take in the atmosphere of the night. I researched the

various possibilities and am not really sure how to approach this situation. I would really like to make this a special night for both parts of my family and would really appreciate any suggestions that any of my fellow insiders would have to offer. I look forward to your suggestions and would like to thank you in advance for your help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
  • New Years Eve NYC
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

It is a big crowd but friendly most times.  If you can get over to the Marquis there are a couple vantage points for the ball drop and many for seeing Times Square and the crowds.  Call the Marquis and ask what they have left (maybe nothing).  I'd go early and eat there if you can then remain through midnight,  The Renaissance is behind the ball drop as you know so you will not see much from there. Here's some Times Square stuff.  Have you considered attending a play fist then dinner?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Years Eve NYC
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Can you get us some pictures?

I never wanted to do this but would enjoy a perspective on the event.

• Re: New Years Eve NYC
      bayonneboy Platinum 1 Reviews

Sure, I am sure that my daughters will ne taking many pictures and I will have them post a few of their best shots on the site and I will write up a little account of the event. This will be my 4th time doing this but my family's first so I am curious to see how things have changed from the last time I did this which was in 1989.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...