Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2011 1:09 AM by anadyr RSS

Incentives for posting?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How about a Marriott-sponsored contest for posters who have made their first post, or first in a while.

Would Marriott consider awarding 1000 MR points to a randomly drawn first time poster?  Anyone else think of ways to get folks imvolved?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Incentives for posting?
    sleepygal7 Platinum

I'm a fan...I will be sure to "like" this comment. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Great marketing ploy, especially if you want to increase attendance on this site!

sleepygal7 Platinum

I had no idea this site existed until today...and I accidentally clicked on it while making reservations.  I think they need to do more marketing in general.  Maybe an email blast or add some creative marketing details to my hotel receipts when they email them to me.  I always read my receipts via email, and anything else they put in them.  I enjoyed reading the post from the person who spent 6 weeks in Europe and stayed at mostly Marriotts.  I'm spending a few weeks there next summer, and I will take those comments into account as I make my final plans. 

So, point being, this is a good idea for a website, but tell people the benefits and potential uses...and see what unfolds. 

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Welcome aboard!  This site has gone thru a few revisions over the years (yes Years!), so many of us have been on here for a while!  But  you are right, a monthly or quarterly e-mail blast or other marketing communication should occur for all the new MR Insiders.  My main intent for coming to this site has always been to share travel destination info with others, while also learning about prospective destinations from others.  And I have taken advantage of both, with much satisfaction.  Enjoy!

Welcome to MRI--this one does not need a prescription!  And it is a community to which you are welcomed.  Please keep posting and give us good tips,

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

You are bringing up a great point!

The site is too "Hidden" for new people.  We need more new people and Marriott should make it easy to get on the site.

Why not have contests like the current CY/football promotion actually on the MI?  You have to get on the site to attempt to win?

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

I would love to participate more on this forum but the site is sooooooo slow and cumbersome.  Not to mention getting continually logged out.  Very frustrating.  I only come here when I have the patience to endure it.  lol

Oh, and I had no idea about the Super Bowl promo.  Thanks for that. 

I too dislike the time out feature--it is cumbersome to sign in again.  I also wish there was a better interface that was personalized so I would not have to check several places to see if posts have appeared by people that I am not following!  Today's issue as you may have notices is maintenance and server timeouts which require a new sign in!

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

No, had no idea those were today's issues.  Just goes to prove my point, though.  lol

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I couldn't agree more, Missgee!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

NathalieF , I have added replies to, and also requested, the ability to configure our session timeouts, in multiple discussions.  Is there a place we can start tracking bugs and enhancements, that people can see them and add things themselves?

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I've been looking into this for months now so I'm familiar with the frustrations it causes. I'll continue to keep everyone up to date as we make progress. In the meantime, to your question tryt53, the community suggestions topic area is meant to track bugs and enhancements related to the site itself.

In fact, we just launched the new "Idea" content type that allows you to post an idea so others can vote the idea up or down. Anyone can search this area to see what's been suggested already and vote on that instead of creating similar threads or posts. More info and FAQ's coming soon.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I thought the big incentive was that someday you could be a Guru just like Steppingstones????

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Jasper,

There will never be another Guru like Steppingstones!

I see you are getting closer!!!!

I hear tell that the Guru level will be discontinued if anyone else makes it.  The folks at Jive formerly built the Da Vinci Surgical Robot (no wait, that was me at SRI, sorry!) and have decided that one Guru makes a community.

As far as I know I am a Guru, but then I might be living in an alternative (Hyatt or Hilton) universe

Don't get a swelled head..you still have a long way to go to get to the Jedi level!!!!

If you assume grasshopper that each of my posts are worth only one tick..we gurus get extra bonus posts by sitting around drinking fine wine.  No posting required.

As someone famous once said to me, "we shall drink no wine before its time!"  or was it before nine?  Can't recall.

Or is it, "we shall drink wine anytime before or after nine"???

Yep that's it

There's nothing serious will.jpgin mortality.

All is but toys; renown and grace is dead,

The wine of life is drawn, and the mere lees

Is left this vault to brag of.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...