13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2011 3:53 PM by jasper100 RSS

How do you get "Authorized" to post pictures?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

No problem before today, but now I am getting a message, "You are not authorized to post pictures". 

When you cannot post pictures of Marriott properties, they is something wrong.  Never had this problem before.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How do you get "Authorized" to post pictures?
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I have also had some problems being "not authorized", but for seeing a discussion.  Wonder if they are working on another software update again?  Where is the software vendor's testing department, that is maintaining this site?  It kind of seems like poor testing before they keep making updates.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt,

I no there was nothing wrong with the pictures I tried to post.  Maybe, we'll hear something from our Community Directors.

• How do you get "Authorized" to post pictures?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I am guessing that it may be a problem with copyrights if the source of your photo is not you or a friend but from the web.  As a work around you can download your photo to a program like Picasa (free download from Google) and save it there. I havefound that my larger photos, when rejected are accepted if they've been through the Picasa store and save regimen.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I have not had any problem posting pictures!!!

Jasper,

Have you tried it lately?

Am trying to comment on various properties that I have stayed at and offer "Travel tips" for future travelers.

Have not been able to post pictures for two days.  For the most part they involve, or show Marriott properties, so I don't know why they are not being loaded on the posts.

Zac Brown Band.jpg

I was able to post a picture...see above

Jasper,

Thanks, but I don't think any of my pictures have "Copyright" problems.

After all I would think that would be a problem with our "Guess Where/Who" posts, but those pictures got posted.

DSC_0680.JPGDSC_0693.JPG

Posted two pictures..not having any problems like I said!!!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi jerrycoin, if you could send me some specifics about the problem I'd be happy to look into it. We haven't changed anything with the site related to these but I can open a ticket if need be.

Thanks Community Manager and all!

Got the first picture posted in two days.

Will put photo's on of various hotels. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...